Is everyone prepared?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is everyone prepared?

Since world events have transpired as they have. I have made a check in things and we are sitting fairly well. I know sounds crazy but the time it takes to check your supplies maybe worth it.

Made a stores run today.
    Prepared?
    I suppose time and conditions will tell! 🤷‍♂️

Comment

I am constantly prepared - just rotate things as I use them. Water 55gal - I change in winter when Lake is frozen. Gas about 100gal available. Propane 3X100lb plus several 30 an 40 pounders. Army rations 6 cases, firearms - don't ask, pills 6+ mo., bird seed 6mo., milk 2 gal with 1yr outdate, pretty well set.

Comment

"...prepared..."

adjective
        1. 1.
          made ready for use.
          "he paints over the prepared canvas with brown acrylic to bring out the cracks"
        2. 2.
          ready to do or deal with something.
          "she was prepared and professional"
        I guess "prepared" is sorta subjective at best.
        Takes me back to the old adage about the fight plan.
        "Everybody has a plan... until they get hit.....!"

Whatever defecation enters the ventilation, I hope it doesn't last long. I'm sure we can hold out for quite a while. If the situation becomes too intense (combative), I don't know how long we'll last. Hopefully we can take a few with us. The kids have experienced some intense LEO encounters, but none of us have any combat experience. I like to think I can hold my own, but I sure don't want to find out the hard way.
        Unlike John Wayne, I am fully aware that even with insulation, a 2×6 exterior wall won't stop even a 5.56/.223.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter
          I plan to set myself up as a local warlord and take what I need from others. That will be their 'protection' tribute - they'll need to consider it a tax for public services....
          Remind me to stay outside Alabama! 😉!

Comment

I plan to set myself up as a local warlord and take what I need from others. That will be their 'protection' tribute - they'll need to consider it a tax for public services....
            Good luck with that.

Comment

All you need is the Liberator pistol like we gave the French in WW II.

Comment

I dunno, I’d like to think that at home we’re fairly well set up but after reading how PH and ‘dawg keeping thinking up new items to have on hand I’m starting to lean that you’ll never be equipped for every emergency, especially in a drawn out situation. FB’s comment about having a plan reinforces that.

Besides that, even with Darwinism luck still factors in. Think of the clips of thousands of sea turtle hatchlings making the run across the beach. I’m quite sure even the baddest of the bunch end up bird poop.

Comment

Thanks, already lining up the core crew. But it will probably be just short-lived glory until I'm overthrown in a revolt.
                  Or shot in the back by an underling.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                    I dunno, I’d like to think that at home we’re fairly well set up but after reading how PH and ‘dawg keeping thinking up new items to have on hand I’m starting to lean that you’ll never be equipped for every emergency, especially in a drawn out situation. FB’s comment about having a plan reinforces that.

Besides that, even with Darwinism luck still factors in. Think of the clips of thousands of sea turtle hatchlings making the run across the beach. I’m quite sure even the baddest of the bunch end up bird poop.
                    True you can’t but I refuse to helpless or defense less if I’m able.

Comment

Indeed - or by a pissed off woman
                      Or two even.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post

True you can’t but I refuse to helpless or defense less if I’m able.
                        I hear ya, I just think that for many there needs to be some realistic expectations. If things ended up that bad PH is right about having a network of people around. Unfortunately some gangs are already ahead of the curve in that respect. The flip side is if you’re successful you’ll have more people looking for help than you can handle.

FB said what everyone’s ego likes to think, that if I’m going down hopefully it’s with a fight. I certainly don’t think I’d just roll over but at my age I’m beginning not to care what the end is as long as I don’t know what hit me.

Comment

"... I’m beginning not to care what the end is as long as I don’t know what hit me. ..."

My bags are packed, I'm just not ready to step on the bus yet! LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
                            "... I’m beginning not to care what the end is as long as I don’t know what hit me. ..."

My bags are packed, I'm just not ready to step on the bus yet! LOL!
                            Joe Diffie said it best

“I’m not afraid of dying, it’s the thought of being dead………Lord I want to go to Heaven, but I don’t want to go tonight”

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

Joe Diffie said it best

“I’m not afraid of dying, it’s the thought of being dead………Lord I want to go to Heaven, but I don’t want to go tonight”
                              Prop me up beside the jukebox when I die!
                              I wanna go to heaven, but I don't wanna go tonight.
                              Fill my boots up with sand,
                              Put a stiff drink in my hand,
                              ...and prop me up beside the jukebox when I die.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to TGIF; Armageddon
                                by fitch270
                                Headed out with the camper in the morning but I’ll be checking in later in the day. Was busy packing up this afternoon so hadn’t been following much....
                                Yesterday, 11:29 PM
                              • TGIF; Armageddon
                                by fitch270
                                Not sure how this week will play out, the idea just came to mind.

Nickelback

“If Today Was Your Last Day”

Yesterday, 07:11 AM
                                by fitch270
                                PH had a couple of ones I like so returning the favor.

Yesterday, 11:28 PM
                                by fitch270
                                Yeah, I think it’s an artist thing. Funny how that works....
                                Yesterday, 11:27 PM
                              • Reply to Jan. 6 committee illegally formed
                                by 99explorer
                                A majority of Americans believe that Donald Trump should face criminal charges in relation to the January 6, 2021 attack on the U.S. Capitol, according...
                                Yesterday, 11:20 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X