Electric Pick-Up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"... 1) I'm NOT trying to talk you into buying an EV ..."

Didn't think you were. Besides, you're not a very good salesman...or I'm not a very motivated buyer! LOL! πŸ˜‰

2) I don't care if you ever buy one

Well, thank you. Prolly a good thing.
    I wouldn't want to disappoint anybody, especially you.

Ten to 13 hours to fully recharge? Yeah, I wouldn't be interested in something like that. Three hundred miles is half my drive. Total drive takes 12 +/- hours.
    I'm pretty certain, in the not too distant future, technology will have those things taking a full charge in an hour or less. It's just a matter of time.

I've always thought that if the Gov't would just get the heck out of the way, the private sector will eventually solve just about any problem through free enterprise and good old American know-how.
    Especially the "Green Nude Eel"!

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter

As I always say, "A patient hunter is a successful hunter." The other manufacturers are coming out with their EV trucks so there will be price competition. Also, billions are being spent on battery research. My advice is to wait at least 4 to 5 years before buying into the new technology.
      Rivin has shipped 1,050in 2021. They have an order for Amazon delivery vans.

People will not have a choice about EV's. The Govt will make gas, taxes, insurance, plates and repairs so expensive you will welcome EV's. Plus, you will be charged for all miles driven - that almost just passed. That is how they work.

Comment

They are going to charge EVs for miles driven because they don't pay highway tax by buying gas.

Comment

Originally posted by franchi20 View Post
          They are going to charge EVs for miles driven because they don't pay highway tax by buying gas.
          Ain't none of the gummint's [email protected]#n bidness how much I drive! 😑
          They'll have sensors ever so often.
          Read your mileage and keep track of where you've been! LOL!

Yer right pighunter, I don't take off on 300 mile drives every day! LOL!

Comment

It'll make you feel good because your saving the environment.πŸ™ƒ

Comment

A guy in Denmark or Sweden or close to that area donated his Tesla to a TV novelty program because it was out of the 8 year warranty (barely) and he couldn't afford the $22,000 batry replacement. They blew it up.

Comment

A guy in Denmark or Sweden or close to that area donated his Tesla to a TV novelty program because it was out of the 8 year warranty (barely) and he couldn't afford the $22,000 batry replacement. They blew it up.
                Saw a YouTube on that! Funny stuff!

Comment

The new battery technology, which has not hit the market yet, say it will last enough cycles equal to 1,000,000 miles, take 15 minutes to recharge and have a 500+ drive range for a car. It is called 'glass' technology. No pollution and no fire hazard.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

The new battery technology, which has not hit the market yet, say it will last enough cycles equal to 1,000,000 miles, take 15 minutes to recharge and have a 500+ drive range for a car. It is called 'glass' technology. No pollution and no fire hazard.
                    That would be nice. Yipes, that 45 AMP charger for 13 hours a day would amount to more electricity consumption than my family and I have used in a lifetime. The forecast for the future looks great though.

Comment

Oh my! Looks as if we aren't going to make the "rally"!
                      Well, not until after 730pm tonight!

https://youtu.be/qukfma9S2o8

Comment

She has a pretty mouth

All Ford F-150 Lightning trucks come with a mobile charging unit equipped with a choice of cords that can plug into either a 240-volt NEMA 14-50 outlet (for 13 miles per charging hour) or a conventional 120-volt outlet (for 3 miles per charging hour).

Granted, that's not very far for an hour but does leave options other than finding an official charging station. Just need to plan ahead with EV's right now. It will get better and that's why I suggested waiting a few years before buying one. You don't need to keep getting your knickers all bunched up over this Bubba.
                        Nope! Panties all smooth, pighunter! LOL!
                        Just think it's hilarious as hell those buffoons think they are saving the world with their EVs and don't even realize the electricity to charge it and the materials to build it are all dependent on fossil fuels!

pighunter, I agree that technology will, eventually, improve the mileage and charging ability of EV's.....and yes, there has to be pioneers who are willing to venture into the world of EV ownership to begin to unveil the trials and tribulations of EVs.
                        That's the only way to reveal the problems and begin to address them.

It was the old fur trappers that wandered into the Rockies with their .45 Kentucky long rifles to discover that elk, bison and grizzlies weren't overly impressed!
                        It was the Hawken brothers who finally came up with a "better" (not perfect) solution.

Comment

Nuclear power is the way to go but they don't want to admit it.
                          They haven't built a nuclear plant in years.
                          The last I heard, they haven't built one because nobody knows how to do the permits any longer! πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Gov't bureaucracy! Who'd a thunk it?

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post

That would be nice. Yipes, that 45 AMP charger for 13 hours a day would amount to more electricity consumption than my family and I have used in a lifetime. The forecast for the future looks great though.
                            ger in the home u The new technology takes 15 minutes to charge - as it is advertised.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Primaries in PA and GA
                              by jhjimbo
                              Who is She?...
                              Yesterday, 10:34 PM
                            • Primaries in PA and GA
                              by rock rat
                              They are soon, next week and the week after I'm thinking. The two Trump candidates aren't very Trumpy in my view. Dr Oz would be a better fit with the...
                              05-12-2022, 08:08 AM
                            • Reply to Scopes
                              by Milldawg
                              The new models and dozens of recticles are to dazzle dazzle new shooters not guys like us....
                              Yesterday, 10:04 PM
                            • Scopes
                              by FirstBubba
                              There was a time, a Weaver, Lyman, Redfield or Leopold scope was a goal every rifleman sought.
                              Burris, Bushnell, Tasco and Nikon were considered...
                              05-24-2022, 08:49 PM
                            • Reply to Scopes
                              by Milldawg
                              Agree it gets used a lot. But if you look what it actually it is being used for it’s no surprise. Look at what we expect from a very small package full...
                              Yesterday, 10:03 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X