Scopes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PigHunter

Best wishes for your recovery. I'm not in the woods either. Had to attend the company Christmas party out of town last night. Got another party tonight closer to home. Maybe hunt Sunday afternoon...
    Thanks PH , best of luck to you !

Comment

Pmacc60, I keep forgetting the "Ladder Fiasco"!
      Glad to hear you're on the mend and doing well.
      Believe me, I'm well aware of being an "armchair deer hunter"! LOL!
      All I've been able to do is sit and wish since 2018.

Go to the "Deer Hunting" thread! I got to "SEE" a buck yesterday! 😃
      I'm looking forward to getting out "next year".

Mend well, mi amigo!

Comment

Originally posted by WA Mtnhunter View Post
        Correction: Fixed it for you…
        Fixed it for me?????
        Gonna ship me the two hunnerd bucks I'm short??? 😉! LOL!
        Thanks WAM!

Comment

Originally posted by crm3006 View Post
          fitch270- I can't really comment on the customer service, the last time I used customer service from the company we are not mentioning, they were excellent, but that was nearly ten years ago. So, I can't say, one way or another.
          Did you get the PM I sent about an hour or so ago?
          Why not mention the name of a Co. that has excellent CS ?

Comment

When the oil drilling was going gangbuster around me all the 25 to 35yo rough necks had the latest Ford or Chevy dual 1 ton with the big diesel engines - probably $75 to 80K after they add extras.

Comment

One cost of quality scopes is the rare earth coatings used on the glass. Problem is China has 95% of the rare earths so they control price and availability. The elements are also used in quntity for phones and other electronics.
              https://www.bing.com/search?q=rare+e...9bb26b318eb282

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
                When the oil drilling was going gangbuster around me all the 25 to 35yo rough necks had the latest Ford or Chevy dual 1 ton with the big diesel engines - probably $75 to 80K after they add extras.
                Same thing in the Midland/Odessa TX area, except they were 4×4 Dodge 1 ton. Most had custom welding beds. Saw several that had the great big diesel, 200 amp, Lincoln welders attached.
                Every one of them also had a spot to tie their "Yeti" cooler! No cooler smaller than 36 quart.
                I'll wager there was at least $2M in copper welding leads hanging on trucks in the Permian Basin!

With those "custom" welding beds, I'll wager used car dealers wouldn't offer over $20K trade in! LOL!
                Betcha banks in the area are still trying to get rid of those things!
                Last edited by FirstBubba; 12-07-2021, 03:40 PM.

Comment

I have several Leupold VX3-i series scopes and they are great; especically for hunting. The last one I bought several years ago was good but did not have a zero stop, making it tough for p-dog shooting. I have not bought any since.

I have a nice Nikon Monarch 3.5-10x on my backup elk rifle and I really like it for that type of hunting. Unfortunately, they quit making scopes.

I have bought about half a dozen Vortex PSTs and a Vortex Golden Eagle in the last decade. I'm elated with them. Several years ago, I did a two day shooting precision test between the PST 6-24x and a Nightforce 5.5-20x. 100 and 300 yard group-size precision were the same and they both hit exactly the same number of p-dogs from 450-750 yards in four hour shooting sessions at variable ranges with turret dialing on every shot. The Golden Eagle 15-60x replaced my Nightforce NSX 8-32x in 600 yard F-Class Open competition and my scores went up. A Golden Eagle won a 1000 yard national championship. Although I haven't had much occasion to use it, their warranty and customer support is likely the best of any product of any kind anywhere in the world. Fully transferable lifetime warranty... no questions asked; even if you run over your scope with your pickup. I just bought a Vortex Crossfire for my .22. My brother is extremely happy with his and claims it revolutionized his .22 accuracy.

I have a Redfield 3-9x from the 1960s on my black powder rifle for nostalgia. It's not as clear as modern scopes but is accurate as all get out.

Comment

[email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by Pmacc60 View Post

Thanks PH , best of luck to you !
                      How is the healing going ?
                      Quick story of how I could have killed myself.
                      Father and I built a 50x50 pole barm. Used telephone poles and full cut 4X12 stringers. I went up on a 60' wood ladder with a 1/2" drill and a 24" wood bit. Job was to drill through the two 4X12's to run a bolt through both and through the pole in the center. I was on the talest pole and it was in the ground only about 5'. I was on the top rung of the full extended 60' ladder.
                      It was like the pole was going around in circles. Had to lean way back to get the drill bit to the side of the 4x12. Anyway, got the job done and lived to tell about it. Building lasted over 50 years before being taken down.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Fbi..........
                        by bowhunter75richard
                        You bring up many very valid points dawg, and the most important in my opinion is the indoctrination of our young minds in the ever expanding education...
                        Today, 11:17 AM
                      • Fbi..........
                        by bowhunter75richard
                        ......there have been some 30 present and former FBI agents who have come forth in support of whistleblowers who have divulged critical information concerning...
                        09-29-2022, 08:45 AM
                      • Reply to Lesson learned the hard way.
                        by jhjimbo
                        Batteries in constant use should last 5 to 6 years if charging system is good.

i have some vehicles that I don't drive often and keep a...
                        Today, 11:15 AM
                      • Lesson learned the hard way.
                        by Milldawg
                        So yesterday I went out to start my truck before work to let it warm up. Being a diesel I prefer it warm up before we get running hard on the interstate....
                        Today, 10:37 AM
                      • Reply to Fbi..........
                        by Milldawg
                        I believe that the government has gotten to big and to powerful. I’m not calling for armed resistance or insanity. What it is time for is the people...
                        Today, 08:23 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X