Have you tried a "shemagh"?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you tried a "shemagh"?

"... The shemagh, also known as the keffiyeh or Arab scarf, is a simple yet efficient way to protect your face and neck from sun, wind and sand. ... Styles of wearing the shemagh vary, but wrapping the scarf around the head and face provides optimal protection from the elements. ..."

I had never tried anything but the long, skinny scarfs we are all used to here in America.
    When the youngest started working out in El Paso and New Mexico, many workmates with military experience (Afghanistan & Iraq) carried/used shemaghs, both winter and summer!
    Great for keeping dust and dirt out of your face and direct sunlight off bare skin.
    In winter, they are very good at keeping wind off your neck and warmth around your face.
    I have two. I've also used them for a face shield (camo) and warmth when hunting.
    Light weight and versatile!

How to "tie" (wear?) a shemagh.

https://youtu.be/tfp_GnY8b0E

They come in camo, but I'm afraid is ain't "Realtree"!
    Last edited by FirstBubba; 11-25-2021, 03:36 PM.

Years ago I did it wouldn’t go over well with the crowd I work with.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post
      Years ago I did it wouldn’t go over well with the crowd I work with.
      I don't know if I could work with one, but the CBP guys use them.
      I find them very versatile and useful when I'm hunting.

Comment

I have used them a little

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad