Muck Boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Muck Boots

Well, after many years of good service, I had to retire my old Mucks and get a new pair. I hear they're no longer the original Mucks, though, the company being bought by Rocky. Reviews online are mixed. I don't know when the change was made. Have any Muck boot wearers noticed, or anyone heard of, any decline in the traditional Muck quality?

Our local farm store stopped carrying Mucks a few years ago. Guy behind the counter said quality went downhill after the sale, but I’m not sure who actually bought Muck out.

The store started carrying a brand called DryShod, the company was started by the same guy who started Muck Boots after his do not compete clause expired. Started up using the same formula of selling through farm co-op stores and such but you can find them online. Almost identical boot but I like the sole better and they seem better constructed than the new Mucks. I wore a pair at work daily for three winters before getting a hole in one. I had a spare pair of Mucks I picked up at DSP for less than $80 when they had a 50% off sale. I’ll wear them out then replace with another pair of DryShods.

Edit: https://dryshodusa.com/

Edit 2: Our local farm store has better prices than what’s online and beats Muck prices at Tractor Supply pretty badly.

Edit 3: I run Muck Arctic Sports and DryShod Arctic Storms. Prefer the Storms.
    Last edited by fitch270; 10-06-2021, 07:27 PM.

Comment

I would avoid new manufacture muck boots like the plague. The last pair I bought lasted a couple months of little use before splitting open.
      I currently have a pair of LaCrosse boots that I bought about a year ago and are still in great shape. Thus far they’re shaping up to be like the original muck boots were as far as longevity.

Comment

if you have a problemwith boots or anything, get a Guarantee/Warantee adjustment or replacement. Don't bitch about it. Warraanty is the first thing people ask about a product they are considering, so use it.

Comment

Originally posted by MattM37 View Post
          Well, after many years of good service, I had to retire my old Mucks and get a new pair. I hear they're no longer the original Mucks, though, the company being bought by Rocky. Reviews online are mixed. I don't know when the change was made. Have any Muck boot wearers noticed, or anyone heard of, any decline in the traditional Muck quality?
          I had a pair of rocky and the soles deteriorated while in the closit. rocky said they would send me money to get new soles or I could send them in. I sent them to rocky and they did a great job and I had them back in no time.

I apologise for words connected, I think my space bar is messed up.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Omicron
            by labrador12
            The government paying for Hunter Bidens new teeth would fall under that interpretation Rat. In a sense the people of the US did pay for Hunter Bidens...
            Today, 12:19 PM
          • Omicron
            by jhjimbo
            Name for new African virus. In Greek means 'we're screwed'.
            11-26-2021, 02:05 PM
          • Reply to Why doesn't everyone own a 6PPC?
            by Ernie
            I imagine there is someplace relatively close to you, compared to coming out to NE Wyoming to shoot steel at a grand, if that is a serious interest....
            Today, 11:58 AM
          • Why doesn't everyone own a 6PPC?
            by DakotaMan
            I've been experimenting with a 6PPC rifle for the last few weeks. I have not yet developed the optimum load but I have been amazed. This is the most fun...
            10-07-2021, 12:37 PM
          • Reply to Why doesn't everyone own a 6PPC?
            by bowhunter75richard
            It is a rather pleasant happening. I am not a well informed firearms person, but I must admit, I certainly enjoy the extreme knowledge those of you who...
            Today, 11:52 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X