Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Redfield is now owned by academy sports.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got a low-end Leupold on my .45-70 and it does just fine. No complaints.

Bubba, no gal is perfect. Some of the best time I ever had was with a tall blonde missing a tooth. The little defect had no impact on performance for that Mississippi woman

Click image for larger version  Name:	Blonde.jpg Views:	3 Size:	526.0 KB ID:	779910
    Last edited by PigHunter; 09-10-2021, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post

Agree held one and looked thru a couple something just seems different. The finish is less than desirable in my opinion. They seems to built to a price point.
      They are being built to a price point. It’s a race to the bottom in the entry level market.

Couple other things to consider ;

Leupold’s may be assembled in the US but you can be sure much of the components are manufactured elsewhere.

The current line up of bottom tier stuff shouldn’t be compared with the same level of older stuff. Sure the glass quality/coatings have improved but the main complaint about new Leupold’s is reliably. Great warranty aside who wants to have to use one?

Lots of good competition out there but Leupold seems to have gone the way of other multigenerational companies and got caught resting on their name. The others started getting ahead of the curve and now Leupold is trying to make up lost ground.

For the record I’m pretty much neutral on them. I have a couple older VX-1’s and a Vari-X IIc but have found I can get often get comparable equipment for less money.
      And of 13-14 scopes I’m down to just 3 from China.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
        I've got a low-end Leupold on my .45-70 and it does just fine. No complaints.

Bubba, no gal is perfect. Some of the best time I ever had was with a tall blonde missing a tooth. The little defect had no impact on performance for that Mississippi woman

Click image for larger version Name:	Blonde.jpg Views:	3 Size:	526.0 KB ID:	779910
        Alan Jackson - "I Don't Even Know Your Name"

https://youtu.be/-aNjYlgwBN0

Comment

Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post

Alan Jackson - "I Don't Even Know Your Name"

https://youtu.be/-aNjYlgwBN0
          Excellent!!! I need to learn to sing that one!

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

Excellent!!! I need to learn to sing that one!
            Figured you'd like that one. LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by Milldawg View Post

I have three vx3i now and hope they last long enough to pass down to my grandsons.
              You and your grandchildren and great grandchildren should be fine. That is a great scope.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post

... Lots of good competition out there but Leupold seems to have gone the way of other multigenerational companies and got caught resting on their name.
                I hope that Leupold can keep up but the competition is making it tough. We must have 25 different brands of scope available now that are better than the best scope in the world was 15 years ago. I love all my Leupold VX-3s and my one VX-2 but I haven't bought a Leupold in the last 15 years because I always find higher value (more for less). Leupold has never let me down but none of the high quality lower priced scopes have either.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad