X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
    For general use, I like the 3X9X40's. Here's a low cost scope that may last a lifetime:

The Sig Sauer SOW33202 Whiskey3. About $125 on Amazon. About the same price at Optics Planet. Lifetime unlimited guarantee. Reminds me of the discontinued Nikons which I really like.

SIG SAUER WHISKEY 3 Scope | SIG WHISKEY 3 3-9x40 mm Riflescope

Sig Sauer Whiskey3 3-9x40mm Riflescope | Up to 37% Off 4.7 Star Rating w/ Free S&H (opticsplanet.com)

Here's a review of the 30mm tube.

**** EDIT ****
    Well, well, well - a little research shows that some Burris, Sig Sauer, and Vortex scopes are made by the same company in the Philippines - Scopro... that why the Sig looks similar to the Nikon

Scopro (Philippines) rifle scope OEM - Optics Database (sageratsafaris.com)
    Looks like a nice scope and the price is doable.

Leave a comment:

• PigHunter
    replied
    For general use, I like the 3X9X40's. Here's a low cost scope that may last a lifetime:

The Sig Sauer SOW33202 Whiskey3. About $125 on Amazon. About the same price at Optics Planet. Lifetime unlimited guarantee. Reminds me of the discontinued Nikons which I really like.

SIG SAUER WHISKEY 3 Scope | SIG WHISKEY 3 3-9x40 mm Riflescope

Sig Sauer Whiskey3 3-9x40mm Riflescope | Up to 37% Off 4.7 Star Rating w/ Free S&H (opticsplanet.com)

Here's a review of the 30mm tube.

**** EDIT ****
    Well, well, well - a little research shows that some Burris, Sig Sauer, and Vortex scopes are made by the same company in the Philippines - Scopro... that why the Sig looks similar to the Nikon

Scopro (Philippines) rifle scope OEM - Optics Database (sageratsafaris.com)
    Last edited by PigHunter; 07-21-2021, 12:48 PM.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
    Burris FullField II hands down. Bought two 3-9x40’s not long ago. Made in the Philippines not China, about $160.
    Burris would be my current choice to, Quality, Fulllfield is multi use, C.S. is excellent. 5 star in lower price point scopes,

Leave a comment:

• fitch270
    replied
    Burris FullField II hands down. Bought two 3-9x40’s not long ago. Made in the Philippines not China, about $160.

Leave a comment:

• Milldawg
    replied
    Red field now made by leupold or the vx series of leupold. Any others I would recommend would be above entry level. Vortex gets good reviews. But I haven’t used one so I can’t give an informed opinion.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    started a topic Just Curious

Just Curious

What is your opinion of the lowest price, standard, center fire rifle scope for big game that might last a new hunter a lifetime. Just your opinion of the one best scope and aproximately price. Manufacturer and Model.

Don't need to know all about your inventory of scopes - just name one you think is the lowest price that will do the job. I am asking for a friend. I know my thought, interested in what others think. (for example, for me to answer this question in the '60's would have been a Redfield Wide View I think at that time they were $125 ).

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Winchester deer season. .223 any experience.
    by bowhunter75richard
    No truer words spoken Bubba ! Growing old is by far not the greatest happening, but I guess it does have at least one advantage.........
    The best...
    Today, 06:15 AM
  • Winchester deer season. .223 any experience.
    by Milldawg
    Son in law wants to use his ar-15 for deer season. He bought the deer season ammo any experience anyone. I offered him my back up 25-06 rem 700 with vx3i...
    10-19-2021, 10:58 AM
  • May Use This One
    by jhjimbo
    Have not used this one in a few years. If I make a trip tothe Adirondacks I may carry the Mauser. 6.5X55 mm. This has a sporter bolt handle and Winchester...
    Today, 04:50 AM
  • Reply to Holy guacamole!
    by jhjimbo
    I use 93 octane in the Jeep Hemi, $4.20 last time I got it. It gets 21 to 22 mpg highway so I don't use it much around town. The Dodge Grand Caravan...
    Today, 03:50 AM
  • Holy guacamole!
    by FirstBubba
    Headed out this morning for a jaunt into Texas.
    Needed fuel, so stopped in a truck stop.
    YIKES!!!
    Diesel was $3.759/gal! We've been...
    10-19-2021, 08:04 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X