The way to end the ammo crisis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The way to end the ammo crisis?

What if it was legal in all 50 states to ship ammunition person to person? Instead of gouging, the law says unless you are a licensed vendor you cannot sell ammunition for a profit. Then, I would come here and say for instance," Here where I am, we are covered up with Remington 30-30 at $16 a box. Anyone needing any?" If we all did that, and it was legal, much of the isolated pockets of surplus would disseminate, thus relieving some of the anxiety and perhaps this need to hoard. Manufacturers would also get a more accurate representation of what they need to make. Using shooters and hunters as logistical support as it were. Would it really be so impossible to accomplish?

I would think dewman, that the optimum word here is ‘legal’ ! The screaming from the D’s and anti gun crowd would be overwhelming, not to mention all the legislation governing such a venture. If it would make ammo easier to acquire, or even appear to, it could be a nightmare to pull off. And who would decide as to who was eligible to buy ? Logistically it sounds to be maybe self defeating. But then, I am not well versed in something this complex !

Comment

You can ship UPS ground, small arms ammo to an individual as ORM (blue label)

Comment

Retail should place a limit on an individual per day and that should ease the inventory level problem. This has been used many times by many stores and seems to work.

Comment

There is an online vendor that offers same-day shipping on orders called in before 3:00PM.

https://ammo.com/

I have not bought from them, so this is not an endorsement.

Comment

Ammo.com says they have inventory of 9mm. Defense ammo, 25/box is $75.00. $3.00 per round - but, they have it.

Comment

The comedian Chris Rock once said we could end a lot of the shootings if we raised the price of ammo to $1,000 per round.
              He said it would eliminate a lot of impulse shootings if all the shooter could say is "I'm gonna git me a second job, and when I save up enough money, you're a dead man!"

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad