Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of scent can i use now to trap coyotes in norhtern wisconsin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of scent can i use now to trap coyotes in norhtern wisconsin?

What kind of scent can i use now to trap coyotes in norhtern wisconsin?

a old pice of meat,Gut piles, Dead cat, anything that is dead and stinks, Dead fish work well too.

Comment

yeah i am doing that but they wont commit and come into my setup they stop just before so i am trying to find something else to use in addition.

Comment

To avoid all human scent the trap (size No, 4) should be smoked or smeared with beeswax or blood, and set in a bed of ashes or other material, covering with moss, chaff, leaves or some other light substance. Some coyote trappers rub the traps with "brake leaves," sweet fern, or even skunk's cabbage. Gloves should always be worn in handling the traps, and all tracks should be obliterated as much as possible!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad