Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Night vision aid.

This put the fun back in night driving.

I've been planning to build an Ultra-Bright LED Lantern for awhile.

Something like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-vgNh3fLxJc

No need to curse the dark when you can light a 1600W Candle!

Comment

Just the thing for jack-lighting deer!

Comment

It can be fun to do so long as you don't shoot them when they're frozen (I don't advocate poaching).
        Though with a light that bright it legitimately might damage their eyes so I wouldn't try it.

Comment

Bucky -
          I was joking.
          I just forgot to put the smiley face.

Comment

No worries, like I said, so long as it's only for fun and not shooting, and you don't hit them with light that's too bright or intense it's plenty fun to do.

It can be eerie they way they freeze up and you suddenly have dozens of glowing eyes on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
              No worries, like I said, so long as it's only for fun and not shooting, and you don't hit them with light that's too bright or intense it's plenty fun to do.

It can be eerie they way they freeze up and you suddenly have dozens of glowing eyes on you.
              Against the law in Ohio, no time, no where permitted. I just bought the light advertised on Gunbroker.com. It even has a built in fire starter, solar power, USB outlet/charger and much much more.
              Last edited by jhjimbo; 09-10-2020, 07:39 AM.

Comment

yeah it's illegal in a lot of states; some if you do it with a loaded firearm in the car it's poaching whether you were intending to shoot deer or not. That being said, if you're not in one of those states and as long as you don't have bad intentions I do think it can be fun.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad