X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buckshott00
    replied
    Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

If you get it where it works will you cut off the excess ?
    hmm, maybe, or I might sell or exchange it with ASI. They make shorter versions, I think the next shorter version is about 1.25" shorter, and there's other shorter versions.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post

I might do that with the holograph, but mounting the sight that far forward has never really agreed with me.
    If you get it where it works will you cut off the excess ?

Leave a comment:

• Buckshott00
    replied

Or, turn it into a 'Scout' rifle.
    I might do that with the holograph, but mounting the sight that far forward has never really agreed with me.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied

Some Guys do mount it that way. Depending on the sight I end up going with I may need to, but I'm tired of always have to crane my neck forward like a turtle to get the eye relief correct. If I end up going with the magnifier, the lower magnification will mean that I can have a greater eye relief distance.
    Or, turn it into a 'Scout' rifle.

Leave a comment:

• Buckshott00
    replied

I think it should be turned around.
    Some Guys do mount it that way. Depending on the sight I end up going with I may need to, but I'm tired of always have to crane my neck forward like a turtle to get the eye relief correct. If I end up going with the magnifier, the lower magnification will mean that I can have a greater eye relief distance.

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied
    So.... Got it on there, it's one from ASI. They do good work. The pics below aren't mine but it looks identical to this one.
    Putting a Eotech or this Monstrum on it...It's going to require a cheek riser, or I'm going to have to change stocks.

I think it should be turned around.

Leave a comment:

• Buckshott00
    replied
    Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post

I don't think the Bear Tooth thing will raise the comb enough for that setup.
    Good to know! Thanks OH! The Monstrum prism scope and the Eotech both sit pretty high even further up on top the rail. Right now I'm leaning towards the holograph so I can keep the reflex ability.

I had to take the iron sights off to put that rail on. So while the Monstrum offers pretty fast target acquisition, the Eotech makes it as fast or faster than iron sights. With a 3x Magnifier I think I could be really happy, but I want to take both to the range before I make that call.

Leave a comment:

• Buckshott00
    replied
    Originally posted by FirstBubba View Post
    That's awesome buckshott00!
    Is that designed specifically for the scope ring slots on a Mini receiver or did you revise it.
    Carl over there does good work, at least I think it's still him.

It's specifically designed for Ranch models. It's got pins on the underside that engage into the receiver's top front and rear scope grooves. I'm happy, I'm going to send it to him to do a bit more work and then call it good. If I'm not satisfied after that last set of improvements I'll sell or trade it. It's fun to putz with but eventually I'll have to call it good or cut it loose.

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied
    So.... Got it on there, it's one from ASI. They do good work. The pics below aren't mine but it looks identical to this one.
    Putting a Eotech or this Monstrum on it...It's going to require a cheek riser, or I'm going to have to change stocks.]
    I don't think the Bear Tooth thing will raise the comb enough for that setup.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    That's awesome buckshott00!
    Is that designed specifically for the scope ring slots on a Mini receiver or did you revise it.

Leave a comment:

• Buckshott00
    replied
    Putting a Eotech or this Monstrum on it...It's going to require a cheek riser, or I'm going to have to change stocks.

Leave a comment:

• Buckshott00
    replied
    I'll keep you all in the loop but looks like it'll be next week fellas. Good Ol' USPS might do some great things overall, but my local branch sux hard. Package was sent priority Tuesday, has now been delayed to Monday 😠😣

Leave a comment:

• jhjimbo
    replied

Whatcha mean there Jimbo? One of the ones that uses cord to tension it in place?
    yes..........

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...mageBasicHover
    Last edited by jhjimbo; 08-15-2020, 11:13 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Ontario Honker Hunter
    replied

Thanks Honk I saw those. I was worried about them slipping. You make a good point. Best to get the rail and the sights on before I put money into something that I might not need.
    Mine didn't slip around. I seem to recall some grippy stuff on the inside? Actually fit very tight.

My beef with neoprene is it can become frayed and pick up burrs, etc.

Leave a comment:

• FirstBubba
    replied
    Kinda unnerstan what your talking about.
    I had a few of those, "That's cool!".
    That evolved into, "I like that!" and suddenly devolves into "OMG! What the hell have I done?"
    So far, I haven't carried one to the point I couldn't back up to "point of origin" without any major scars or hiccups that couldn't be repaired, covered up or otherwise erased.
    I'm just the opposite. Every AR I've built (assembled?) I had to add a 3/8" riser to get the scope high enough for a comfortable "cheek weld".
    I always use flattop receivers. Adding a carry handle is a piece of cake these days.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad