Bought a Laser Bore Sight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a Laser Bore Sight

For ghits and srins, I bought a .30-06 chamberable laser bore sighter. The brand says MidTen but I don't know if there's any real difference between them. They all seem pretty similar and I figure some of them are cheap knock offs.

Haven't taken it outside yet to see how bright it is at range, but it sure is neat fiddling around inside. My only complaint so far, no on-off button/switch.

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
    For ghits and srins, I bought a .30-06 chamberable laser bore sighter. The brand says MidTen but I don't know if there's any real difference between them. They all seem pretty similar and I figure some of them are cheap knock offs.

Haven't taken it outside yet to see how bright it is at range, but it sure is neat fiddling around inside. My only complaint so far, no on-off button/switch.
    That is called flattening the curve.

Comment

These would be handy on a pump or auto-loader since you can't just look down the barrel. I only shoot bolt rifles and ARs so I can sight down the bore just fine, regardless of the chambering.

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post
        These would be handy on a pump or auto-loader since you can't just look down the barrel. I only shoot bolt rifles and ARs so I can sight down the bore just fine, regardless of the chambering.
        D'Man, I've surprised myself just how accurately I can set a scope peering down the bore.
        I've also surprised myself by not even being on the target at 25 yards too! LOL!

I've got a little Tasco bore sighting kit. It works pretty well on windage, but it's a bit haphazard for elevation.

Comment

It's for a break action rifle so there's no issue looking thru the bore. Just more of a fun thing. I think I am going to have to change scopes on that rifle though.

Comment

Well there’s no fun in being on paper at the first shot!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad