Nikon drops scope line

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikon drops scope line

It seems the Japanese owners are too squeamish to have the name associated with dead animals. Story at OL site.

I talked to a distributor about Nikon. The Company is not going out of business, just dropping the rifle scopes. Other optic products will remain. No sign of scopes being picked up by any other Company. Warranty will still be through Nikon and if a scope can not be fixed, user would receive a voucher for other Nikon products - binoculars, rangefinders, etc. Pricing is discounted now about as much as it is going to be until inventory is depleted. Some of this is rumor and of course subject to change.

Comment

I hate to hear this. I have several Nikon scopes that I got before the latest junk they put out now ( Buckmasters II). I have a Nikon Buckmaster (old model) 3x9x50 on my 300WSM and a 4x12x50 (old model) on my .308. I have several other old model Prostaffs. I have never had a minutes trouble from any of them. I guess all good things must come to an end.

Comment

I looked at Nikon in the Natchez catalog and they do not say which are 30mm tubes. Called Natchez and he said he had to look each one up and the specs would say. Looked some up in the catalog and even then the tube diameter is not listed in specs. Looked at Nikon web site and riflescopes are not mentioned.
        Are the #3 the starting model and 5 and 7 the higher grade ? They don't say much about the characteristics of each model. What is the difference between the Monarch and Prostaff ?? Anybody know ?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad