X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cold Weather Driving.

Some tips for those icy morning starts.

https://currently.att.yahoo.com/news...213000169.html

Drive safely. The life you safe may be mine.

Those articles crack me up. Yeah, fine, I see the mechanical points being made about the engine, but give me a break. No engine is going to suffer that much because you let it run a few minutes. Plus, here where it's real winter for four full months, you're not warming it up for the sake of your engine, you're warming it up so you don't have to drive the first five miles with your butt-cheeks clenched together.

There're so many of those "The way you've always done it is actually the wrong way!" articles nowadays.

Comment

Driving in the Adirondacks I had an almost new Ford Taurus with V-6. It was so cold the engine could not produce enough heat to keep the car glass from icing over. Even with cardboard in front of grill. Had to stop every so many miles and let the heat build up under the hood. I f I remember it was about -35 deg.

Comment

I’ve had to put cardboard in front of the radiator to partially block airflow to keep engine temp normal at freeway speed; but not in a long time. Stay home when it’s that cold! My truck runs normal at -15

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad