Nikon axes its scope lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nikon axes its scope lines

Saw this on another forum, Nikon is getting out of the scope business as of January 1’st.

Should be some good deals coming up, but would you take the chance on one?

Any other thoughts?

Nikon was top brand cameras and lenses, made in Japan.
    Lot'sa folks swear by their rifle scopes, I never could bring myself to buy one.
    I'd rather spend the money on a Leupold.
    To each his own.

Comment

I've got several Nikon scopes on rifles and have been very pleased with them. Absolutely no problems, no complaints.

Comment

As you all know I had a Nikon scope crap on me in Africa this past summer. They fixed it ... apparently. But was some problems with keeping me in the loop. Made a fine shot with it last week on a moving muley buck. Seems to be okay. I will always keep the old Weaver 3X handy just in case.

Comment

Do you have a link to the news report ? Sounds like fake news to me.

Comment

I like their cameras too. The come in a variety of zoom lenses...

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
              Do you have a link to the news report ? Sounds like fake news to me.
              Read it on 24Hr Campfire, verified by Doug from Cameraland NY. No reason to doubt him.

Comment

Sending you a pm Jimbo

Comment

I have used Nikon scopes for over 25 years. I have Nikon scopes on all but 1of my firearms. I purchased a Vortex Crossfire and have it on my new muzzleloader. I have never had a Nikon scope go bad but then again I didn't buy their bottom line scopes. I have 2 of the old Buckmasters that I have had on heavy recoiling rifles for over 25 years. The new Buckmasters II scopes are junk. I replaced the couple Leupold scopes I had over 25 years ago with Nikons and have not been disappointed yet.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
                    Sending you a pm Jimbo
                    I looked at Cabela's and a few Nikons are on sale but most of the line is listed.
                    I have Swarovski, Leopold, Burris, Weaver, Tasco, Redfield, Store Brand but for some reason never have had a Nikon.
                    Last edited by jhjimbo; 11-25-2019, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge01 View Post
                      I have used Nikon scopes for over 25 years. I have Nikon scopes on all but 1of my firearms. I purchased a Vortex Crossfire and have it on my new muzzleloader. I have never had a Nikon scope go bad but then again I didn't buy their bottom line scopes. I have 2 of the old Buckmasters that I have had on heavy recoiling rifles for over 25 years. The new Buckmasters II scopes are junk. I replaced the couple Leupold scopes I had over 25 years ago with Nikons and have not been disappointed yet.
                      I was just looking at Cabela's for ammo rebates. Winchester Power-Point in -06 can be had for $11 and change. I almost fell over when I saw the prices on your WSSM ammo - some was not on sale and almost $50 a box. Regular .300mag ammo is more like $22 a box. Sales volume really counts for their pricing.

Comment

My only current Nikons are a 4x12 rimfire bdc on my cz mach2 and a p-tactical spur (wonder if they are now gone also)on my Ruger mk3. Happy with both. Will utilize an older Leupold if it craps on me. Have a late 80's vintage 6.5x20 vx3 I could use.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post

I was just looking at Cabela's for ammo rebates. Winchester Power-Point in -06 can be had for $11 and change. I almost fell over when I saw the prices on your WSSM ammo - some was not on sale and almost $50 a box. Regular .300mag ammo is more like $22 a box. Sales volume really counts for their pricing.
                          I don't even know what factory ammo costs because I load everything I shoot and have for over 40 years. My buddy told me that factory ammo with the premimum bullets is quite expense regardless of what brand you get. I don't even hear of anyone shooting WSSM firearms anymore, Around here the 300WSM is very popular followed by the 270WSM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarge01 View Post

I don't even know what factory ammo costs because I load everything I shoot and have for over 40 years. My buddy told me that factory ammo with the premimum bullets is quite expense regardless of what brand you get. I don't even hear of anyone shooting WSSM firearms anymore, Around here the 300WSM is very popular followed by the 270WSM.
                            I meant 300WAM

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad