Rangefinders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rangefinders

Never owned a rangefinder before , but I’ve decided to get one this year. Any suggestions of good brands ? Looking to keep it under $300 if possible

I suggest Bushnell, Leupold, Nikon, or Vortex. Your best pricing will probably be from Amazon.

Comment

Sig is producing some very good ones as well.

Are you going to be using it more bow or rifle hunting? What features do you want it to have?

Comment

I have one and don't use it much. Once on stand I might look at some surrounding features to check the distance. Other than that I put it away. Under 300yds it is possible to get good enough to estimate range and in the NE woods I usually don't get a shot that long anyway. I did have a spot in Michigan on a pipeline clear cut, 300yds one way to 400yds the other. Put it away and shot a 10pt at about 40yds.

Comment

Any of the major brands should be ok. Keep an eye out on Black Friday deals coming up.

Comment

The quality of the rangefinder and the cost relate to how the rangefinder discriminates between the target you are looking at and the surroundings of similar color background. The better the quality(and higher the cost) the more accurately it can discriminate. Only thing is, you have to rely on reviews to learn how good one is as an individual can not try one out without buying one.

Comment

Sorry, I can't help.
              The LRF's I use will take to 1K and beyond.
              How far to you want to be able to range in any atmospheric condition?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad