No announcement yet.

Tried and True

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well the ladder stick w cheap flexy stand is the hottest spot in the woods now (but activity seems all nocturnal). Will check game cam after hunting tomorrow.

Did not make it out today (slept in).
    Fam stuff today (grocery shop, eat).
    Kid seems in good spirits even if biopsy area bruised.

Got me some EZY steps, ordered 10 for 60 bucks. They were the smaller ones, just bent, w the lag screw pivoting. I've had the larger and they are nice, but gobble pocket space when moving.
    Initial stand setup I used to lug em out in a Mathews bag (from ATA show). They went bye bye with it when I cleaned house last yr.

So...............10 new steps. Buddy had borrowed a few of my old ones, noticed a couple were from my original purchase, back in '85.

They will be retired, set on shelf in back room. Ordering another 10 steps after X mas.
    EZY.................love em.

Stands? The flexy Big Game hang on for $60 (not on sale) is too flexy. In the shed it goes (public land backup stand it will be). The Muddy Outfitter is more stable, but still has some flex.
    Tolerable. Still not thrilled with it, but good enough to keep in rotation.

Next yr it will be on the creek w the ladder stick.

The EZY steps will probably be used w an XOP (purchase after X mas when on sale).

New gear?
    Have yet to really use my Steiner XC 10X binos. 10X seems a bit much, so will give it a few tries to see if I get used to em. 8X I think better for general usage. But Cameraland was down to two left on sale so I bought one. Not against just keeping them for the gun range or in the truck for field scanning.

Def take yoting if my rifle wearing a 2-7X.

Speaking of on sale, last two items.....scored a Blaser hybrid fleece vest. Watched Field Sports Britain and the ol lady like Andy's vest during the boar hunt. Around $230. Checked around and stateside had em, on sale for 109. Out of stock on every size except for two XLs. I got one.

Figure wear it over a flannel shirt jack this yote season.
    Maybe a bit too nice for that.

So.............twice this yr, got German goodies on sale, when down to last two items of each.
    Kind of a pattern.

Should run to car dealer and see about a Volkswagen SUV..................not

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad