Tried and True

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
    After last year royally honked me off, I ditched a lot of stuff.
    Today took a ladder stick to the woods to set a stand.
    Of course the tree I spotted late season last yr, proved dead.
    So picked a different tree, and it has curve, so the ladder stick won't lay flat against it.
    Gotta pick another tree.

I don't have any now, but for private ground, screw in steps are great.
    EZY my preferred brand. Single fold. Double folds are just gonna bite you LOL

Might have to order some, cheaper than going with section sticks (not joined together to form one stick).

Public land says no screw ins.
    So may buy some Muddy not joined ladder sticks.
    IIRC close to 200 retail. Ouch.

A dozen EZY way cheaper.............for private land only.

Woods was green, spiders galore. No new acorns down. 65 but covered to avoid tick issues.............burned me up.
    I left my partial ladder stick on the crooked tree.
    Will move it later.

At least I don't have to lug the thing into the woods now. Clanking and banging............just sucked.
    I've just about stopped climbing trees on public land. A pop-up blind is half the weight of a tree stand and a ground blind made from natural materials just takes a little effort.

LOL, 65 would be nice. Our highs have been running in the mid 90's, lows in the mid 70's.

Comment

Pack frame from early 70s (camptrails astral cruiser) 17' Grumman shoe keel my dad bought in the 60s, Grandpas field grade Elsie is just a door gun, not much interest in upland birds and not many birds here but it's probably good for two legged varmints, Wildee Experience day pack from 79 still take it for day hikes all the time has lots of sewing for reinforcement. Canteen cup early 70s.

Comment

This is my upland red vest (we did not have blaze) when I hunted rabbits and pheasant in the mid '50's. Actually started before I got a license. The rubber liner of the Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0444.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	717930 vinyl game bag has deteriorated over the years.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad