Tall Hunting Clothes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tall Hunting Clothes

I am not the normal size hunting guy. I am 6'7" and about 240lbs. I am not that large around the gut section but just rather tall. I have bought a couple of thousand dollars in hunting clothes over the years and yet to have found any that fit right. Back when i was younger there was a place called Galyans TradingPost. Man that was a quality store.They had everything you needed for the outdoors.They had hunting clothes that would fit and fit right. Since Dick Sporting Goods took them over I have yet to find anything would fit me right. To this day I still wear what i have left from that store. So this has me wondering where to find hunting clothes that actually fit. Has anyone ever found XLT clothes that did not cost 40.00 a shirt and the sleeves were still not long enough. Bibs that when you go to sit down that were pulled up past your calves I know that most major manufacturers don't make tall clothes for hunting. I know that there is not a huge market for tall clothes but I still think that there is a need for them. I have found some clothes online but the quality in the clothes is just not there.

Hammer Huber has a good supply. They may do mail order. Good Luck https://www.bing.com/search?q=sandus...eb8c9837c174f3

Comment

I feel your pain.
      I have size 14 feet and every shoe store stops at size 13.
      I bought Muck hunting boots and Muck work boots.
      Clothes are no problem with me.
      My hunting cousin George played college basketball and he is six feet, eight inches. He buys his hunting clothes from Cabela or Bass Pro.
      Good Luck!

Comment

I have got somethings from Cabela's and Bass Pro but they are still short in the arms and the length after you wash them a couple of time.
        Jimbo I checked out the link that you posted and i really did not find what it was that you were posting about.

Comment

Galyans trading post .....wasnt that the store in Plainfield? I got a 700 ADL off the guys at the Westfield store. The one at Castleton was OK.....but when Dicks took over they all went to crap.

Comment

Cabelas had some tall stuff at one time
            Dunno if Legendary Whitetail does.....thought i got a jacket from them in a tall ( am long waisted ).

Comment

Weird fabrics..... not everything is tumble dry. That might snag a few folks.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad