Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have suggestions for a extremely durable compact flashlight

Anyone have suggestions for a extremely durable compact flashlight

I've had good luck with the mini-mag, but you might want to look into a waterproof LED light.

Comment

LED mag light.

Comment

Maglite for under $10.00, Streamlight for between $20.00-$30.00, Browning for between $30.00-$60.00 and Surefire for $70.00-$200.00. As you can see, it depends on what you want. Obviously, the more expensive the flashlight, the brighter, clearer the bulbs and the lens, not to mention the battery life, durablity and waterproofness.

Comment

I like Petzl's, Black Diamond's and Mag-lite's small lights. The headlamps I like best because they are durable and hands-free. When it comes to those guys decide what model works for you and be willing to pay for it. I find with Maglite that the batteries die quickly due to the all-metal case whereas the others are plastic and somewhat insulated. The AA or AAA batteries last a lot longer and it is a good compact system and not so prone to rust.

Comment

It is hard to go wrong with a Mini Maglight; and the fact that you can store and extra bulb in the butt cap is ingenious.

Comment

Petzl for a headlight and Surefire for handheld. Never had either let me down and both really light up the night so you can see the bear stareing at you from fifty yards away.

Comment

any surefire

Comment

mini mag

Comment

for a cheaper light i would go with mag light, for a little light with a lot of power i would g with a stream light TL 3.

Comment

The Surefire E2L defender- bright light and the crenelated strike bezel protects the lense if it is dropped.

Comment

Maybe the energizer hardcase series

Comment

all i use is a energizer head lamp

Comment

LED mini Maglite, The Energizer $5.00 LED Hat Clip Lamp, and Jeep Brand LED Flashlight are all good. I like the Mini Mag due to it fits in a shirt pocket, lightweight, and durable. I dropped mine 5 stories into concrete and pavement and other than scuff marks in the finish, still was lit when I picked it up an hour after the drop off the roof.

Comment

Mini mags are awesome if you want something that is cheap, reliable, and you wont feel like kicking yourself if you loose it. I got a Sure Fire while I was in Iraq and it took a severe beating and still works great....but very pricey for a flashlight.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad