Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a good gun case for a cheap price.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good gun case for a cheap price.

What is a good gun case for a cheap price.

check out cabelas they have some good ones for around $20

Comment

What kinda case, soft or hard sided?
      As far as hard sided ones look at the Plano Airglide. Can't be beat for a good truck case. About $30. Sportsmen Warehouse.
      Check out 'Bullshooters', torture test, American Hunter, May 2008, page 108.

Comment

I just bought a redhead softside case at Bass Pro. It was twenty five dollars. It has about 3 inches of padding, is for a scoped rifle, and has a giant pocket (48 inches). I also have a twenty five dollar cabelas brand case. It is also for scoped rifles (48 inch) and doesn't have a pocket. The lining on the inside has already ripped. It is easly fixable but look at redheads at bassproshops. They are good cheap cases.

Comment

Allen makes a good case, other than that you can get the BassPro Redhead or the Cabelas. Don't pay more than 20-30 dollars for it though.

Comment

It really depends on if you want a soft case or hard. I bought my case (hard) at a local sporting goods shop for about 20 buck. On the other hand I bought my wife a case last year and it was about $75 on sale. I would determine what kind of conditions your case will be exposed to and go from there.

Comment

i you want a plastic cast dicks sporting goods has a Flambue case for $25.99, and a good metal case for $69.99.

Comment

Jim in MO I think I will pick up a couple of the Planos of which you posted on my next trip to the Warehouse. A good but cheap truck case is what I need since I hate to leave expensive ones in the truck after I have left for the hills. Next to horses trucks seem to beat hell out of my rifles if left uncased. Although there are some good soft cases they just don't offer the protection if someone throws a heavy object on top of them. In the dark and in a hurry this can accidentally happen.

Comment

Go to Cabelas.com or Go to Shipton's Big R.

Comment

ish,
                    In the truck, this case is fantastic. Your gun never touches anything but form and is 'vecro'd in' to prevent bouncing. One thing, you must go on Sportsmen Warehouse web site to get it. They don't advertise it in their flyer's.

Comment

Last fall I bought 2 at Cabelas for about 12 bucks each.

Comment

Dacko makes a good case for about 15 bucks.

Comment

go to bass pro they can help you out

Comment

Christian,
                            The Doskosport is cheap at 14.99 but it failed all the torture tests but the hinge jimmy.
                            Cantrell,
                            I couldn't find anything decent at Bass Pro, that's why I used the internet.

Comment

I agreed with CPT BRAD answer!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad