Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Settle a bet please- I have a hunting moron -er, friend- that said the other day the "adjustable objective" knob "dials in" the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    I agreed with DakotaMan answer!

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• rudyglove27
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bonnier-admin_2
    replied
    WA Mtnhunter

A +1 for for!

MN_deer Isn't it GRAND!

Leave a comment:

• MN_deer
    replied
    Excellent! Deep dish, with everything, delivered to my camp pal! As Bugs would say- "What a maroon!"
    *Thanks to my living encyclopedia on F&S-Answers!

Leave a comment:

• Kentucky Hunter
    replied
    enjoy the pizza

Leave a comment:

• Jeff Bowers
    replied
    DakotaMan presented the best technical description that I could almost follow.

My personal reason for having it one scope at least is for shorter range. I put my older Bushnell Banner on my high-powered air rifle, but a "standard" scope was fuzzy at the distances I wanted to shoot. The adjustable objective lets me change the focus point range to shorter than that.

Leave a comment:

• DakotaMan
    replied
    You partially won... it is for paralax adjustment and also focuses the target at various distances. The paralax prevents the center of the cross hair from wandering around the as you move your eye around behind the scope. It helps accuracy immensely by keeping the point of impact on target if you move your eye to a slightly different position behind the scope shot after shot. It is not a "wasted bell and whistle". It is vitally essential to long range accuracy. On some (typically tactical) scopes, this function is relocated from the objective tube to a separate dial on the side of the scope but it is still essential.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad