Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I got the idea of getting a new .22. I want one under $170. So far I can't make up my mind if I should get a Mossberg model 702

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got the idea of getting a new .22. I want one under $170. So far I can't make up my mind if I should get a Mossberg model 702

I got the idea of getting a new .22. I want one under $170. So far I can't make up my mind if I should get a Mossberg model 702 ($132), a Rem. model 597 ($164), a Marlin model 795 ($138), a Savage 64 64F ($136), or a Marlin model 60 ($154).

I'd suggest the Savage Mark II series. They are a well made .22 LR bolt rifle and come with the Savage Accutrigger. I have a lefty model and it will shoot one hole groups. Bought it a Wally World for $159.00.

Comment

Bought my daughter a 92 series Savage in .22 Magnum, and have yet to find a load that it doesn't like.

Comment

I suggest the Marlin 60. That's the rifle I own and man is it a nice gun. Might I also suggest a Winchester Wildcat if you want a bolt action. But the Marlin 60 is a very rugged rifle. I've beat mine up a little and its still shootable. Mine never jams. Earlier this year it started jamming LR loads because of something wrong in the action. My grandpa took it to the gunsmith and had it fixed. Since then it never jams.

Comment

Marlin or Remington.

Comment

Pick the one you like best!

Comment

Remington or mossberg

Comment

when i was young i shot cottontails with a mossberg single shot one of the most accurate .22s ive ever seen.i think if youre getting a new gun go for a marlin.parts are everywhere and they are a good gun

Comment

I have several 22 auto. rem and marlin mod 60's but my marlin 880 ss is my fav. I wish now that I had bought the 880 in 22 mag, I'd likie to see how the 22 mag ballistic tips shoot. I agree with Greg23, cant go wrong with a marlin..

Comment

Remington!

Comment

Remington!

Comment

Remington!

Comment

Remington!

Comment

Remington!

Comment

Remington!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad