Product Review: FoodSaver Model 5200 vacuum sealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jcarlin View Post
    I admit, the more I look at the picture I think that even with my small to medium sized hands having the bars and buttons beneath the package means I could steady the lip of the bag in the slot with my thumbs available underneath to easily reach the required buttons. Not working out in reality though?
    Jcarlin: Look at your hands again. If your thumbs are where your little fingers are, it would maybe be possible to hold the bag with fingers while pushing the bar ... but only for small bags. For full width ones like I need for whole pheasants, it still wouldn't work even if I had non-opposing thumbs because the bar is right underneath the bag. I really have no idea what the idiot was thinking who designed this contraption. It obviously was not tested by anyone before being approved for mass production.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarlin View Post
      I admit, the more I look at the picture I think that even with my small to medium sized hands having the bars and buttons beneath the package means I could steady the lip of the bag in the slot with my thumbs available underneath to easily reach the required buttons. Not working out in reality though?
      Oh.. THAT'S where my thumbs are.

I was kind of picturing my natural keyboard resting pose with my thumbs at the bottoms of slightly inward facing "C"s.
      BTW, I don't know what I was thinking. My locking lever is one side only. The bar that gets pushed down is just the one that holds the trimmer.

Comment

I do have a Foodsaver Vacuum Sealer and it is working perfectly fine.

Comment

My FoodSaver V3485 works just fine. Follow directions.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
            My FoodSaver V3485 works just fine. Follow directions.
            An amazing observation there jhjimbo 👍👍

Comment

I've never tried this one (and after reading this post will never try). I’ve had FoodSaver GM710-000 https://www.amazon.com/FoodSaver-Vac.../dp/B016C4KJS0 since 2016 and it’s February of 2020 now. I’ve literally packed over 1000 pounds of deer, and fish. This thing is faster than the other models that I've used. I'm not surprised that it is called "the best one" in such reviews https://cookspot.org/best-vacuum-sea...fish-and-game/. My husband did 3 deers on a trip and it's time for FoodSaver again!

Comment

Originally posted by Knevity View Post
                I've never tried this one (and after reading this post will never try). I’ve had FoodSaver GM710-000 https://www.amazon.com/FoodSaver-Vac.../dp/B016C4KJS0 since 2016 and it’s February of 2020 now. I’ve literally packed over 1000 pounds of deer, and fish. This thing is faster than the other models that I've used. I'm not surprised that it is called "the best one" in such reviews https://cookspot.org/best-vacuum-sea...fish-and-game/. My husband did 3 deers on a trip and it's time for FoodSaver again!
                The big difference is the one I have has a storage compartment for rolls and a cutter. Because all that crap is stacked BELOW the sealing port, it's difficult to get the meat package levelled properly for a good seal. And of course having the start button bar located underneath the bag is very unbrilliant. For about fifty bucks I bought a flat no frills ZipLock brand sealer a couple of years ago in Montana on Black Friday and that thing works flawlessly! Unfortunately it stays there at my brother's place. Yours has a twelve volt converter which could be kinda handy I guess. I do have a generic twelve volt converter that I could use if I was ever hunting out of a tent again.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad