Product Review: FoodSaver Model 5200 vacuum sealer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jcarlin View Post
    I admit, the more I look at the picture I think that even with my small to medium sized hands having the bars and buttons beneath the package means I could steady the lip of the bag in the slot with my thumbs available underneath to easily reach the required buttons. Not working out in reality though?
    Jcarlin: Look at your hands again. If your thumbs are where your little fingers are, it would maybe be possible to hold the bag with fingers while pushing the bar ... but only for small bags. For full width ones like I need for whole pheasants, it still wouldn't work even if I had non-opposing thumbs because the bar is right underneath the bag. I really have no idea what the idiot was thinking who designed this contraption. It obviously was not tested by anyone before being approved for mass production.

Comment

Originally posted by jcarlin View Post
      I admit, the more I look at the picture I think that even with my small to medium sized hands having the bars and buttons beneath the package means I could steady the lip of the bag in the slot with my thumbs available underneath to easily reach the required buttons. Not working out in reality though?
      Oh.. THAT'S where my thumbs are.

I was kind of picturing my natural keyboard resting pose with my thumbs at the bottoms of slightly inward facing "C"s.
      BTW, I don't know what I was thinking. My locking lever is one side only. The bar that gets pushed down is just the one that holds the trimmer.

Comment

I do have a Foodsaver Vacuum Sealer and it is working perfectly fine.

Comment

My FoodSaver V3485 works just fine. Follow directions.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
            My FoodSaver V3485 works just fine. Follow directions.
            An amazing observation there jhjimbo πŸ‘πŸ‘

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Five Senators
              by 99explorer
              BHR - Guilt has already been established.
              The only question before the Senate is whether the president's conduct is serious enough to warrant removal
              Today, 12:49 AM
            • Five Senators
              by jhjimbo
              The game plan of the DEMS is to get the 5 Senators who are up for election in Nov, to break with the Conservatives and join the DEMS in voting for impeachment....
              Yesterday, 12:27 PM
            • Reply to Hope it's still OK to post hunting topics
              by 99explorer
              Buckhunter - Welcome back. Glad you kept trying.
              Today, 12:39 AM
            • Hope it's still OK to post hunting topics
              by Amflyer

Took the pup out for a hunt on public land. Late-season public hunts stink around here, so I wasn't hopeful. But took along the camera and...
              01-21-2020, 02:16 PM
            • Reply to Ponder This
              by bowhunter75richard
              As far as the chinks are concerned, the US has put itself into a very dangerous position with it’s association with that POS country. I would not trust...
              Yesterday, 11:21 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X