Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone taking advantage of Gander Mtn's going out of business sales?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
    Camping World takes over G-Mnt, 17 Stores, with more to come!
    Yes, but the emphasis will be on campers. The guy from the TV show The Profit ?, is the controlling interest in CamperWorld and he will only do things that turn a profit.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
      I don't even know where the nearest one is, but I might go check it out. Maybe find a cheap sling or something.
      I thought Gander Mtn started near you ??

Comment

Just received a Cabela's sale flyer. There are some huge discounts in it. Ammo is also on sale with rebates. For example Remington CoreLokt for $10 a box. Stock up now. Scopes are also really marked down. Worth a look.

Comment

Originally posted by jhjimbo View Post
          Just received a Cabela's sale flyer. There are some huge discounts in it. Ammo is also on sale with rebates. For example Remington CoreLokt for $10 a box. Stock up now. Scopes are also really marked down. Worth a look.
          Thanks. Kicking myself a bit, Dick's Sporting Goods down the road had a 700 SPS Camo in '06 Marked down to $329 Now Rem has a $50 rebate on 700's. I also have a $20 coupon. Better timing and I'd have bought it. Should have anyway, just wasn't looking for an '06. Could have rebarreled it, wasn't thinking right at the time. Wife even said go for it....

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshott00 View Post
            I don't even know where the nearest one is, but I might go check it out. Maybe find a cheap sling or something.
            Yeah, I believe it started near my place of exile yes.

Comment

Originally posted by fitch270 View Post
              Getting to be slim pickings, but I couldn't pass up Leupold double dovetail bases and rings, plus a couple of Uncle Mike's swivel sets for 70% off. I have also got the similar product from the MyLowesLife. Don't even have a use for them at this point. Also bought a Caldwell chronograph system for $85. I see now guns are 40% off, could pick up a Beretta Silver Pigeon for $1200. Might just have to go back and scrounge through what's left.
              Seeing as the oly use I have for GM is their price-match to items not in stock at LGS and their catalog of guns to fondle and inspect before ordering from LGS, I wouldn't be surprised.

But I also wouldn't worry too much about the musings of GM's gun-counter employees, who in my experience range from clueless about handguns and wanting to talk imaginary Obamatron politics ... or ... clueless about handguns and wanting to debate calibers with customers.

It sure is nice how they price-match a quote written on the back of a LGS business card, though.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to High rise mounts on 30/30 Marlin
                by CD2
                Honestly, I would not feel handicapped running a smooth bore shotgun for deer out to 125 yards or so. If I had to, it'd be the green/black camo old M500...
                Today, 12:35 PM
              • High rise mounts on 30/30 Marlin
                by Freewolf1
                I've seen other threads and comments about putting see through or high rise mounts on a marlin 336 30/30. I understand that these mounts make for a change...
                11-27-2019, 07:18 PM
              • Reply to High rise mounts on 30/30 Marlin
                by CD2
                I had an 835. Older one. It worked fine.
                But it was a Mossberg.
                I hate a thick wrist on a shotgun.
                Read that the new bismuth #2 in...
                Today, 12:31 PM
              • Reply to Outdoor Life !, bu
                by PigHunter
                Thanks for the heads up about RFC. I just require minute-of-squirrel accuracy and probably wouldn't fit in on that forum.
                Today, 12:01 PM
              • Outdoor Life !, bu
                by bowhunter75richard
                It has been over a month since anything new has been posted on OL ! Is that site dead in the water, or is there a reason to keep it alive ? Is there...
                Yesterday, 06:26 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X