Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone taking advantage of Gander Mtn's going out of business sales?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone taking advantage of Gander Mtn's going out of business sales?

Getting to be slim pickings, but I couldn't pass up Leupold double dovetail bases and rings, plus a couple of Uncle Mike's swivel sets for 70% off. Don't even have a use for them at this point. Also bought a Caldwell chronograph system for $85. I see now guns are 40% off, could pick up a Beretta Silver Pigeon for $1200. Might just have to go back and scrounge through what's left.

They have been gone in my area for some time.

They should have stayed mail-order only, those huge stores are a tremendous amount of expense.

Comment

I know of two G-mtn stores Not going out of Business, One in South Ga & one in Lk,Mary Fl.

Comment

We don't have one near here or I would've probably blown my whole paycheck

Comment

I've stopped by a few times and found nothing of interest. Even at supposedly reduced prices, things are still higher than they would be for an online purchase. The guns, scopes and most serious goodies have been long gone. Mostly clothes are left and pretty picked over at that.

Comment

Mine already went out of business and yes I stocked up on my fishing stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
              I know of two G-mtn stores Not going out of Business, One in South Ga & one in Lk,Mary Fl.
              I think they are all having sales to clear out inventory before the change over. All of them around here are anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by DakotaMan View Post
                I've stopped by a few times and found nothing of interest. Even at supposedly reduced prices, things are still higher than they would be for an online purchase. The guns, scopes and most serious goodies have been long gone. Mostly clothes are left and pretty picked over at that.
                Yeah, not a lot left, but the hardware at least is now marked down well. The swivel sets were $3 and the Leupold bases and rings were less than $20 combined. Bought a set for a Rem 700 that I don't have yet. I've got a spare Bushnell 4200 in the safe, so I've got a good excuse to buy another 700. Would be set up exactly like my BDL .270
                I've been wanting a chronograph, this one has a free app that connects it to your smartphone for tracking all kinds of data. Figured it was a good deal for under a $100.

Comment

We had one back home, and then Cabela's set up shop literally right next door, and I must say Gander Mtn has held on well. Cabelas has been there for 6 years now I believe and Gander hadn't been forced out of business until the whole company decided to shut down.

Comment

I don't even know where the nearest one is, but I might go check it out. Maybe find a cheap sling or something.

Comment

I haven't, but only because the closest Gander Mountain is in Wichita, which is a 3 hour drive.

Comment

Originally posted by Treestand View Post
                        The last i've read "Camping World" has taken over 17 G-Mnt locations and will take over more as profits increase.

Comment

Camping World takes over G-Mnt, 17 Stores, with more to come!

Comment

Yes, sir! I got the new Benchmade auto triage for $100!

Comment

Originally posted by Jake_3 View Post
                              Yes, sir! I got the new Benchmade auto triage for $100!
                              Very nice!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad