Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you heard the latest? Your gun scope, TV, toaster, or microwave oven may be used by the government to spy on you.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you heard the latest? Your gun scope, TV, toaster, or microwave oven may be used by the government to spy on you.

It would all be so laughable if it wasn't coming from the White House staff. Honest to gawd! And these people are running the country? What next? How can anyone take this administration seriously.

And then there's Sean Spicer feebly reinterpreting what the president meant when he actually said something else entirely. Like the whole world is so stupid we don't know what wire tap means. The poor devils on Trump's staff trying to make sense of his nonsense sure gets old. It's embarrassing.

Comment

Believe it or not OHH, there are Wi-Fi connected microwave and other appliances. Cameras and microphones are very tiny these days so it is feasible to set up a microwave for spying. Besides all that, Kellyanne Conway didn't mention scopes, TV's, nor toasters in her interview with New Jersey’s The Record newspaper. So I'm thinking you're overreaching and just trying to stir the pot.

By the way, there's been concern for several years that laptops, cell phones, and smart TV's can be hacked to spy on people.
      Trump 2020 - Keep America Great!

Comment

Here's another one for you since I know all you Liberals think the Huffington Post is like the Word of God. It's a two year old article on government spying.

Comment

The party asserting the affirmative of a proposition bears the burden of proof.
          Meaning that if there should be a congressional investigation, the first witness should be the complaining party, and not the party accused of the offense.
          Just my two cents.

Comment

I don't own a smart phone or TV or have any items synched at my house.
            Never though hooking everything together and using a wireless device on somebody's network to be a good thing.

But what is spying?

Even if items can't be monitored for sound or picture, one could see when you use them, notice an appliance coming on .......even when from outside there is no sign.

Monitoring a change, on the sly...........is spying.

Just because you might not think the info gathering to be important, that doesn't mean others aren't using it for something possibly against your best interest.

Comment

I'm not paranoid, just know that in today's synched high tech culture people are blasting personal info and other without a freakin' thought to who might be watching/listening. It's just common sense, like a social media site or forum.............if it's for free you still paying something.

Facebook is a great idea, letting people tattle on themselves. It's brilliant. Esp those moronic "quiz" things everybody tries to share.

Of course, one could give funky answers to a quiz, or post stuff contrary to their actions/beliefs...........corrupt the data that is being collected LOL.

Comment

FBI head and others have tape over webcams on their laptops.
                Hmmmm.

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post
                  I'm not paranoid, just know that in today's synched high tech culture people are blasting personal info and other without a freakin' thought to who might be watching/listening. It's just common sense, like a social media site or forum.............if it's for free you still paying something.

Facebook is a great idea, letting people tattle on themselves. It's brilliant. Esp those moronic "quiz" things everybody tries to share.

Of course, one could give funky answers to a quiz, or post stuff contrary to their actions/beliefs...........corrupt the data that is being collected LOL.
                  CD2, I have a Facebook account mainly for keeping up with my children, grandkids, distant family and friends. I'm very careful on what I post - in some ways it is deceptive. I refrain from political, religious, and sports related comments. Also, I may mention hunting but never post pics of me with a firearm or dead game. When posting travel pics it's always clearly after the trip is over, never a status while away from home.

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post
                    Believe it or not OHH, there are Wi-Fi connected microwave and other appliances. Cameras and microphones are very tiny these days so it is feasible to set up a microwave for spying. Besides all that, Kellyanne Conway didn't mention scopes, TV's, nor toasters in her interview with New Jersey’s The Record newspaper. So I'm thinking you're overreaching and just trying to stir the pot.

By the way, there's been concern for several years that laptops, cell phones, and smart TV's can be hacked to spy on people.
                    She did mention TVs. Rifle scopes and toasters are about as ridiculous as microwave ovens. My computer has a camera for sure as does my cell. In the absurdly unlikely event that someone could hack them and peek at me, they'd be wasting their time. I haven't been meeting with any Russian agents ... not in this lifetime or the next.

Comment

Sounds like a good time to leave society and all my electronics behind and go live in a nice little cabin in the woods. Oh no what a shame.

Comment

I heard your phone monitors your position on a constant basis. There are certain words that if you say them on a phone will trip a closer analysis of your conversation. That has been going on for years.
                        Technology is so advanced it's spooky - just watch 24 for a sample of what might be available. I like the 650hp Cadillac patrol cars.

Comment

Originally posted by CD2 View Post

CD2, I don't have any Facebook/Tweeter accounts, What i do is my Business only!

Comment

Originally posted by PigHunter View Post

Actually OHH, I suspect there's less than 50 people in this world who really care anything at all about what you do, think, eat, own, etc. I'd be willing to bet less than 30 show up for your funeral. So, of course no government agency is interested in spying on you. Just the idea of it is laughable to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ontario Honker Hunter View Post
                              And then there's Sean Spicer feebly reinterpreting what the president meant when he actually said something else entirely. Like the whole world is so stupid we don't know what wire tap means. The poor devils on Trump's staff trying to make sense of his nonsense sure gets old. It's embarrassing.
                              It would be really funny, if it weren't so darn scary and dangerous.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad