Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

While jetty fishing off South jetty in Westport, Wa. I hooked a seagull. While removing my lure from his wing he damn near took

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fisherman14
    replied
    no, good job! you did the correct thing!

Leave a comment:

• jsobrien
    replied
    You did the right thing, no question about it. Next time take a towl or something and throw it over the bird first this way he can't bite you and it also has a calming effect on the bird.

Leave a comment:

• Elliott Balthazor
    replied
    If your going to take something out of anything wild us neoprene fishing gloves. You did the right thing

Leave a comment:

• boomer1
    replied
    my dad did the same thing one time he put his shirt over its head then took the hook out. you did the right thing

Leave a comment:

• labrador12
    replied
    I hooked one with the flyrod last year in Ak. There were hundreds picking up humpie eggs the end of Sept. He gave me the open mouth and I just grabbed his head. I've live trapped peregrine falcons and don't take crap from gulls. I unwrapped him and let him go. Be assertive. If you are tenative you will get bit.

Leave a comment:

• Sharkfin
    replied
    When I first read this the first thought that popped into my head was "why the heck are you jelly fishing??" Second read made more sense. You did the right thing. Sometimes doing the right thing isn't the easy thing!

Leave a comment:

• samuel wilson
    replied
    i would have done the samething to

Leave a comment:

• 2Poppa
    replied
    Doing the right thing, as WA Mtnhunter indicated,allows one to sleep at peace when night comes.

Just use a glove next time.

Two thumbs up, Sam!

Leave a comment:

• matouse3
    replied
    Taking it out was the right move.

Leave a comment:

• WA Mtnhunter
    replied
    You did the right thing.

Leave a comment:

• While jetty fishing off South jetty in Westport, Wa. I hooked a seagull. While removing my lure from his wing he damn near took

While jetty fishing off South jetty in Westport, Wa. I hooked a seagull. While removing my lure from his wing he damn near took my fingers off. Those beaks are sharp. Yikes!! Should I have left the hook in him?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to The Horse Race
    by Pmacc60
    You are for sure not a small business man , the Obama administration hurt small business and sent a tremendous amount of jobs overseas. Big business makes...
    Today, 09:19 PM
  • The Horse Race
    by rock rat
    There are lots of things making this a hard race to predict. Pollsters do their thing and mostly they show Biden up over where Clinton was at this time...
    Today, 09:43 AM
    by 99explorer
    The recession officially ended in June 2009, after economic stimulus checks went out to 55 million recipients in the prior month.
    The economy continued
    Today, 09:03 PM
    by Pmacc60
    Like you all know I live near Delaware and I work there everyday ! Maybe it’s because we all know Joe Biden it I don’t see the support. Remember he...
    Today, 08:48 PM
    by 99explorer
    "Fake news" is a cop out.
    I used it once myself to avoid doing research.
    Today, 08:42 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X