Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

While jetty fishing off South jetty in Westport, Wa. I hooked a seagull. While removing my lure from his wing he damn near took

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• While jetty fishing off South jetty in Westport, Wa. I hooked a seagull. While removing my lure from his wing he damn near took

While jetty fishing off South jetty in Westport, Wa. I hooked a seagull. While removing my lure from his wing he damn near took my fingers off. Those beaks are sharp. Yikes!! Should I have left the hook in him?

You did the right thing.

Comment

Taking it out was the right move.

Comment

Doing the right thing, as WA Mtnhunter indicated,allows one to sleep at peace when night comes.

Just use a glove next time.

Two thumbs up, Sam!

Comment

i would have done the samething to

Comment

When I first read this the first thought that popped into my head was "why the heck are you jelly fishing??" Second read made more sense. You did the right thing. Sometimes doing the right thing isn't the easy thing!

Comment

I hooked one with the flyrod last year in Ak. There were hundreds picking up humpie eggs the end of Sept. He gave me the open mouth and I just grabbed his head. I've live trapped peregrine falcons and don't take crap from gulls. I unwrapped him and let him go. Be assertive. If you are tenative you will get bit.

Comment

my dad did the same thing one time he put his shirt over its head then took the hook out. you did the right thing

Comment

If your going to take something out of anything wild us neoprene fishing gloves. You did the right thing

Comment

You did the right thing, no question about it. Next time take a towl or something and throw it over the bird first this way he can't bite you and it also has a calming effect on the bird.

Comment

no, good job! you did the correct thing!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad