Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

do you think that the "dead coyote" choke tube would be effective for turkeys as well?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you think that the "dead coyote" choke tube would be effective for turkeys as well?

do you think that the "dead coyote" choke tube would be effective for turkeys as well?

I would buy a turkey choke tube and use it for coyotes not the other way around.

Comment

i would test out the chokes to find out wich one has the better pattern.

I have heard about how the dead coyote chokes have a good pattern even at long ranges for shotguns. hope this helps

Comment

i would get an undertaker tube.

Comment

Mic the inside diameter of the choke. I've had various choke tubes, and found an extra full that preformed better than my extended turkey choke even though it had a larger ID than the turkey choke using standard 3" Remington #6 Turkey Loads. But if I tried feeding #4 or #6/8 shotshells through it, the choke performed poorly. Best bet is try it with the loads your planning on using, pattern it, and try other chokes also. You may find that the Coyote choke will pattern better or worse than you want.

Good Luck

Comment

Yes, it could work because it would produce tight patterns which is what you would need for turkey hunting

Comment

In my opinion it will serve the purpose.

Comment

Yes!

Comment

Yes!

Comment

Yes!

Comment

Yes!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad