Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the best knife thats easily accesable (clip, legal to carry, and longest lasting. most of my knives are ruined after jus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the best knife thats easily accesable (clip, legal to carry, and longest lasting. most of my knives are ruined after jus

what is the best knife thats easily accesable (clip, legal to carry, and longest lasting. most of my knives are ruined after just a month or too. now i found a good browning 3.25 inch which has everything i like but iv only had it 6 or 7 months and the blads completley wron down

mat,
    How can you abuse a knife like a Browning and it's worn down in less than a year? Do you shave rocks with it?

Comment

haha no not that bad. i definatly get my moneys worth but i do abuse them i carry and pretty much use a knife 24/7 unless im at school where unforchanately you cant bring one

Comment

what if i grinded it down?

Comment

I carry a Ka-bar Tactical folder and am very happy with it.

Comment

I have been carrying the gerber EVO for about a year now and I love it.

http://www.gerberstore.com/index.php?xpage=itempage&xid=708

Its a paraframe, so its light you can clip it in your pocket and it wont drag the one side of your pants off your hip. But unlike every other paraframe I have tried, it is fairly thick, so it is comfortable in your hand and doesn't feel flimsy when you get into heavy cutting.

Its got a long enough blade that its up to just about any outdoor task you put it to, but its not too big. (I've dropped small trees with mine and I've also whittled with it)

It also has, unlike most pocket knives, a finger guard, so that you can get into some really heavy duty work and you don't have to worry about your index finger slipping forward onto the blade.

And it holds and edge VERY well for a $40 knife, I suspect its that "Titanium Nitrate" coating which hasn't chipped, or peeled despite some pretty heavy abuse on my part.

I love the knife, carry it every time I leave the house, and would suggest it to everyone.

Comment

Its difficult to ruin an Emerson knife. They are pricy but worth the cost in the long run if you don't lose the knife. Check out their web page.

Comment

I would go for a Benchmade. Very expensive for a knife but the quality of the products are worth it.

Comment

Kershaw ken onion assisted opening. its nice. trust me.

Comment

I've had a buck 303 for about 20 years. I would say you might try and get a good stone kit that will put the right angels on your blade fyi WAL-MART. Seems to me your grinded to much off. I keep my knife sharp and all it takes after you get the right angels is a couple of swipes on a good hard stone and a peace of leather and its good to go.

Comment

I like the puma captain, will hold and edge and will easily outlast me. Gerbers open assist knifes are very nice also

Comment

Agreed with silsbyj and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

If you really want a sharp, sharp, sharp knife with a clip, then check out the havalon.com website. A great many of the Havalon knives are folding scalpel knives. I purchase one recently with an orange handle. I am looking forward to using it next deer season.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad