Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Now here is a tricky question? What type/style, of CLIMBING tree-stands do you think is the best? Any place to back up your clai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now here is a tricky question? What type/style, of CLIMBING tree-stands do you think is the best? Any place to back up your clai

Now here is a tricky question? What type/style, of CLIMBING tree-stands do you think is the best? Any place to back up your claim? Let me know.

I use/like summit brand. But I know peoople who like API, OL' MAN. So your back to apple to apple question.
    Find ones that have features you like. Try some out/talk to friends and decide your "best".
    As for backing "claim". Heard they were the # 1 in sales.

Comment

It will all come down to personal preference. Just like all men have different taste in women, all hunters will have different taste in treestands. I personally use a summit, got one 9 years ago, and was happy with the company then, and still happy with their product now.

Comment

I hunt out of a Summit Goliath. I'm a big guy and the stand is sturdy and very comfortable. It is also light weight for its capability. The cable system allows me to have it on a tree in about 2 minutes. The cable system is also easily adjustable. It is quiet and climbs easily. Thats all the "claim" I need...

Comment

Lone Wolf stands are my stand of choice. The are light and pack tight to your back. They are easy to hang and go up the tree really quiet.

Comment

personally i don't use a climber i always threaten to buy one but get along fine with out them .
            but for a fixed type stand i have a LONE WOLF as well as an API.and a RIVERS EDGE that i won . but when i buy another one it will most defiantly be another LONE WOLF . i can hang it in trees to small for the others and it don't ever make a sound no matter how cold it gets here.

Comment

After a quick trip down the trunk of a pine tree some years back courtesy of an old Baker climber, I'm not too fond of any of them. I have used Lok-Ons and screw in tree steps for years but last year discovered Gorilla brand portable stands and climbing sticks. That's what I will probably do this year. Whatever you use, don't forget the safety harness, it's a long and quick trip to the ground.

Comment

007 yes it is . i have a friend that found that out the hard way two years ago. while cutting a limb off the back of the tree . his saw went through it faster than he expected . he lurched forward loosing his balance and fell out of his stand head first. landing on his back ,and shattering three of his vertebra . sadly he is paralyzed from the waist down now due to not wearing his safety harness .

Comment

Cooner, when I think of all the times years ago when I fell asleep in a tree stand with no harness, surely there were angels keeping an eye on me, there can be no other explanation. I use one something similar to what utility workers use, with a climbing belt that goes around the tree until you get situated, that came with the Gorilla stand. It has become my security blanket. haha. Good hunting.

Comment

007 been there done that as well . luckily for me i smartened up ,and wear a vest type harness all the time . what happened to bob only drives the point home to me . any one who sits or works in a stand with out one is just asking for it.

Comment

Not just real sure where I'm going to hang mine this year. I hunted the same tree the last couple of seasons and the old does have learned to make eye contact with me, the arrogant old hussies, so it's time to move. I know the general area I want to be in, just not the right tree yet. I spent a good bit of gobbler season scouting for tree stand trees and fire wood, so I'm working on it. Good hunting to ya, be safe.

Comment

I believe mine is a Summit Viper but I could be wrong. I also have a Gorrilla stand from Wal-Mart. I like the API because it has the quick adjust cables, most do these days. I'd stay away from the one with the pins and chain set up. API has one that resembles a knotted cable that you just lift and shift as needed.

Comment

I wouldn't get a loggy bayou stand. couple of years ago my buddies and me were shooting bows and i was in the tree. they went to retrieve my arrows only to find me yelling and a thud. I like the gorillas from walmart light easy and nice teeth to grasp the tree.

Comment

I love my Summit Tree stand... I would not recommend it however because it becomes so dang comfortable that you end up falling asleep. So if you are looking for a comfortable tree stand that you can hunt all day in... then get it but I can't promise you that you'll be awake.

Comment

Easy question- Lone Wolf hands down. Pricey, but worth it.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad