Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats the best compound bow brand?

whats the best compound bow brand?

there is no correct answer to this question. just a bunch of honest opinions. in my honest opinion, Hoyt, Mathews, BowTech, and Bear make the best compound bows. it's just your personal preference. that's mine.

Comment

Do your research to narrow your choices then go shoot a few. That's the only way I was able to make a choice. I wanted a small, light bow so I narrowed it to the Mathews DXT, Diamond Black Ice, and PSE X-Force TS. I shot all of them and decided on the Mathews DXT, and haven't regretted it! Shoot then decide; that's my advice.

Comment

all in your opinion, I shoot a pse but I can't necessarily influence you to do the same it's how you feel shooting a certain bow wether you want a larger bow such as a matthews or a smaller bow like a martin it's up to you.

Comment

I like mathews myself, but as has been said.
          Pick a few you like, shoot them and find your "best".

Comment

All the major manufacturers make fantastic bows. I got a new one several years ago and I shot hoyt, bowtech, matthews, pse, and several others. I chose hoyt because i shot it best. Also dont get caught up in the speed race. Accuracy is more important.

Comment

It is just a matter of opinion and what works best for you but i say stick with the major brands like bowtech, matthews, pse and hoyt. There are enough places that let you shoot before you buy dont buy without trying it first.

Comment

Same as everyone else has said, a matter of opinion. I shoot a PSE, now I would love to get my hands on a nice Matthews of Hoyt and see how they feel when I shoot them, but they are still out of my price range, but have only heard good things about them. Dont get me wrong PSE makes a fantastic bow as well.

Comment

I'm sure everybody is getting sick of hearing me crowing about it but I just got a new Mission X3
                  ( http://missionarchery.com/ ) and I'm pretty tickled with it.

Comment

I'm Biased I shoot a Mathews. I did upgrade from a Browning Bushmaster.

Comment

Everyone says Matthews. I say PSE.

Comment

i think the top three are hoyt, matthews and bear.

Comment

I have a Bear and I absolutely love it but other than Bear I think the other best brands are obviously Hoyt and Matthews, but I also like the Diamonds.

Comment

everyone you forgot browning, they are also one of the best

Comment

i shoot pse and hit eveything i aim at, brandname is matter of opinion, the bow doesnt make the shot, practice does.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Trump Discusses Covid Statistics
                                by 99explorer
                                CRM - It would be nice if you could address the issues presented in opposing comments instead of deriding the person posting the comments.
                                Anybody
                                Today, 01:09 AM
                              • Trump Discusses Covid Statistics
                                by rock rat

​​​​​​[email protected]: “Oh, you’re doing death as a proportion of cases. I’m talking about death as a proportion of population....
                                Yesterday, 09:27 AM
                              • Reply to The George Floyd case.
                                by 99explorer
                                Dream on boys. We've all seen an actual cold-blooded murder take place on TV, and the kneeling cop will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law....
                                Today, 12:57 AM
                              • The George Floyd case.
                                by FirstBubba
                                Body cam footage shows Floyd wasn't murdered. The cop kneeling on his neck might have been negligent, but his actions did not kill Floyd.
                                Minnesota...
                                Yesterday, 10:23 PM
                              • Reply to The George Floyd case.
                                by crm3006
                                My mistake, I didn't realize the Minnesota AG was going to prosecute. I thought it was U.S. Attorney Erica MacDonald. ellison being a muslim, there is...
                                Yesterday, 11:24 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X