Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I guess I have a question for those remaining. I have been reading "this" for a few years now and I've seen 'em come and go. Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I guess I have a question for those remaining. I have been reading "this" for a few years now and I've seen 'em come and go. Pro

I guess I have a question for those remaining. I have been reading "this" for a few years now and I've seen 'em come and go. Prolific writers and backstabbing blog Nazis, all writing for gear, who suddenly realize that they're not going to get any gear and realize they've been bamboozled and walk away, after slicing and dicing everybody else. One guy quit, , referring t the Top 10 as gear-writing douchebags and never came back. Knowing this, why does anybody "contribute?"What are your thoughts on this video?See first post.Looks like cowardice to me!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gsT80vDvlVo

Comment

Did you have some sort of a point?

Comment

It looks to me a few guys got lucky to stay intact and not be killed by an apex predator. Cowardice how? Because you view hunting as morally repulsive?

Comment

cowardice would have been running away, rather than standing their ground and shooting.

Comment

Clawed, I've enjoyed the site for quite a while now. I like reading about people's adventures and learning new things about a pastime that interests me. I also like helping people out who have questions about getting started or enjoying our sport more, even if they are young and fairly green. Finally, I feel I've gotten to know several of the contributors and I enjoy hearing from them and exchanging thoughts, perspectives and experiences.

Regarding the video, I have seen cowards attacked by dangerous animals in a life and death encounter. The cowards didn't act like these guys.

I do regret when a hunt comes to this but these are very tough and very dangerous animals and sometimes this can happen. It could have been avoided if the PH had not tried to drive the hunter's trigger finger and had taken action on a follow-up shot sooner once the hunter failed at it. It's nice to let the hunter get the full thrill of the hunt but there is a fine line between that and full organ donation. It is also interesting to note how nervous some people get when facing imminent death. Several of these guys, who are probably good shooters, missed a VERY large target right in front of them.

It is best if you engage in hunting dangerous animals to have thought out what you will do and be prepared to stay in control until the last possible second. Breaking and running in fear seldom works. I can guarantee you that each of these guys will have this memory for a lifetime.

Comment

Whut they said!

Ah hates kitties and had long before Claude evva come along.

The only good kitty izza dead kitty, and Ah heard they taste a lot like Chicken.

Git a rope!

Comment

Why do you think this is cowardly, and why do you have so many accounts? It's kind of strange when you reply to your own posts.

Comment

Claude - Thanks for the link to the lion hunt footage, but I fail to see the connection between the two parts of your posting.
                  The users you no longer see on this site haven't walked away. They are probably out testing their new product-review boats in the Mediterranean.
                  Many of them come back under different names to get more free stuff.

Comment

You really believe they are going to allow experienced people to field test there gear? ROFLMAO!

Majority of what I see is junk, flat out unadulterated JUNK!

Comment

Clay - I take it that your product reviews have been unfavorable.

Comment

99 Wins! He not only didn't bite on it, but he responded appropriately.

Congratulations.

Mo gear fur 99!

Clay - They had me goin fur mebbe three days...

Comment

Clay(more) -
                          Do you remember when they gave beekeeper a "Browning" shirt and he wrote a review and they published it? That guy kin write! He went on and on in a filibuster that described the shirt in detail that Ah didn't know could be attributed to a shirt until Ah felt like Ah had worn it until it wz threadbare. Ah'm a little slow, butt Ah has come to realize it jis may have been sarcasm.

HARHARHARGrrrWoof!

- Blackie

Comment

Hello guys,

I sent the test results for in-line muzzleloading rifles to Editor Slayton White a few days back. Mr White is at the SHOT show at the moment. Four years ago I tested back pack tents and have also tested high quality parkas. I would suggest you stop complaining and up your game if you really wish to test gear. Check out the latest issue, some guys got high quality hunting boots to test and keep. I got 4 nice in-line muzzleloaders with a bunch of other gear and ammo.

Comment

Well, ain't you a mess!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad