Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What the hell! It's impossible to post anything on this site! The spam filter has gone completely bonkers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What the hell! It's impossible to post anything on this site! The spam filter has gone completely bonkers.

What the hell! It's impossible to post anything on this site! The spam filter has gone completely bonkers.

I have been able to post answers, using the CAPTCHA feature to get past the spam filter, but cannot post any questions.
    I'm glad to hear that I am not alone.

Comment

I had that problem this AM, everything seems normal now.

Comment

I personally think this site is a junior high science fair project that got out of control.

Comment

Tell me about it OH, I keep writing these lengthy rebuttals of nit witted posts and then the spam filter blocks it. Let's see if I can get this one through.

Comment

Yes, it's STILL screwed up! The spam filter is now just throwing posts away outright rather than compelling us to use the captcha.

Comment

I've been having the same problem...haven't really posted anything in weeks because everything I post gets flagged as spam.

Comment

It's pretty poor. Maybe it's just us veteran users, out with the old...

Comment

I feel y'alls Pain-in the A$$ Spam filter.

Comment

The spam filter seems to have deemed my most recent posts "spam" as well and automatically deleted them. I have decided that if F&S does not want me here, then I do not need to be here anymore. I have been supportive of this site in the past and tried to live through all the problems it has experienced. I have also tried to be polite and use respectful language befitting the ages of young readers eyes. I have tried to post without malice toward anyone. So if I have offended anyone, or stepped on a sensitive subject in the past, it was not intended.

Now, I had a good life fishing and hunting before I found this F&S web site and I can still have a good one without it. I hope that F&S does work out the problems with this site, but it will be without me.

Comment

All of mine have been returned as spam also. At least the spam filter isn't covered up any more, it used to be that I couldn't see the CAPTHA to enter it. We'll see what happens with this submission.

Sorry to see you go Santa, but I believe the same frustration is mounting for more than just you. If the time I spent on this site was spent with a fishing pole or a rifle I'd be an expert at both for sure. Good luck Mr. Santa.

Comment

I "reported" Santa's post with a stern comment about what's going on here. And a strong suggestion that someone in administration respond. Looks like THAT got through. But I doubt this will.

Comment

And those pop-up ads that come without a "close" key are a royal nuisance.

Comment

Santa, always enjoyed your posts of fishing expertise.
                            PHW, when the CAPTHA is blocked, click and hold on a edge of it and drag it into the open and you can read it.
                            '99, did you notice some of the pop up ads have a replay button? How many times is that used?

Comment

You fellers having trouble with the site must have a poor security certificate from your ISP to be getting blocked by F&S. While I have had a few extremely slow loads and had to sign in several times, I have not seen the problems you describe. Just sayin'

Hang in, Santa. It'll get fixed.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad