Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yesterday I talked to a very nice lady named Ray, she was the archery pro at Cabelas. If you ever need some help call the 1800#

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday I talked to a very nice lady named Ray, she was the archery pro at Cabelas. If you ever need some help call the 1800#

Yesterday I talked to a very nice lady named Ray, she was the archery pro at Cabelas. If you ever need some help call the 1800# and ask for her. I had a Question about some arrows and she was able to tell me exactly what I needed and wasn't Quick to get off the phone. BPS customer service is horrible compared to Cabelas that's why I always ask my questions at Cabelas opposed to BPS. BTW The people at Di( l<'s Sporting Goods know NOTHING, never listen to them I LEARNED THAT THE HARD WAY. Seth

You know what they say about assuming; it makes an "a$$ out of you and me." I'm sure there are talented, knowledgeable people at both establishments. However if they're more prevalent at Cabelas, certainly call there first. BTW, I tales to a boy named Sue at Bass Pro who was helpful also

Comment

You like Johnny Cash too I take. I play a few of his songs on the Guitar. I believe this woman really new what she was talking about. I can usually tell when they don't.
      Seth

Comment

I ordered some clothing from Cabela's that didn't fit. It was simple and painless to send it back and swap it. Customer service was great. Also, I bought a spotting scope at BPS. Got it home and it was junk. They replaced it no questions asked. I haven't had any problems with either.

Comment

That's great ALJoe But let me tell you a story.
          I went to my local BPS and purchased some of their
          brand name arrows( which are really made by Gold Tip) they are very nice arrows. The man there that "knew what he was doing" gave me 500's instead of 400's. They also cut them in the store. Later I realized that I needed different arrows Not long after I got them. I called up and they said I could return them GREAT! Right? So my buddy goes into the store I called ahead of time to make sure they would still take them back even though I wasn't there They said it was fine. My friend goes into the store and they say that they can't take them back so my friend calls me and I call customer service and talk to the same lady and she says that she can't take them because they're cut. I explane again how it wasn't my fault and and that the man should have known what he was doing but they continue to refuse me so I lost my money and had to buy new arrows from them. THAT'S THE SHORT STORY IF YOU WANT THE REST JUST TELL ME.
          I figured you wouldn't want to read the hole story.
          Seth

Comment

Man that sucks. You would think they would atleast exchange them for a gift card or something. I agree that Cabelas is very easy to deal with. I have a BPS in driving distance, so they get most of my money.

Comment

Hey if they work for you that's great. The lady could have had a bad day.
              I just think that even if she was that she should have been more cooperative. But, hey that's there loss. Also I think Cabelas prices are usually less expensive. But BPS has more products.
              Seth

Comment

Seth, You too are at fault. You didn't check your product before having them cut or after. I'm positive they would have exchanged them if you didn't leave the store, but you did and there is no way for them to prove you didn't cut them. Walmart will not allow you to exchange ammo. My friend bought 20ga shells instead of 12ga, he didn't even leave the store and they would not exchange them. Not every store will honor every exchange.

Use this as a lesson learned and double check from here on out. Also you are judging books by their cover. At my local Richard's Sporting Goods everyone I have dealt with was as knowledgeable or more so than their counterparts at outdoor specific stores. Everyone has a bad experience along the way but it doesn't reflect on every person or store.

Comment

I already had in mind exactly what I wanted and told the guy. He said that I would be better of with these other arrows. I was weary and let the guy know that but he continued to tell me that these were the right ones. So yes I'm at fault but the guy should have known if he was going to try so hard to sell them they had 400's of the same arrows for the same price. He double checked to make sure that they were 500's. He was the "pro" and I the customer. I think it was mostly his fault.
                  Seth

Comment

I was home in Western Montana for Thanksgiving. Had to pick up some plumbing stuff for repairs to the old family home while I was there. We drove in to the big city where a new Cabela's had opened earlier this fall. It was Black Friday and just to enjoy the show my brother and I walked in. Most of you know I won't buy anything from them and the reason why. Has nothing to do with service or support but rather business ethics. Anyway, the place was full of pseudo Montanans, some of whom were downright entertaining to watch. After a bit we went to the gun counter to check out what's new in shotguns. A very large young gal came over to wait on us. She was extremely pleasant and VERY well-informed. And she liked working for Cabela's too. Had just left a good job in North Dakota oil patch but had NO regrets. I was surprised. Though she didn't look it, she was a very good fit for that job. Never judge a book by its cover.

Comment

I think most of it is the location, you can go into a BPS, Cabelas, "Richards", etc. at one location and get service more suited for a prison. But then you go down the road to the same "brand" store and get a knowledgeable and helpful sales associate and great help from customer service.
                      I think it depends on the manager most likely, if they don't care about what their customers think then the service will be crap, but if the manager respects the customers then you will find it a lot easier to shop there.
                      Managers will hire the people that most reflect themselves, that's how you know where and where not to shop.

Comment

OHH I love to watch people scramble to get that one pair of new socks on sale! It is hilarious to see some peoples reactions to shopping on that day.

Comment

True I called a BPS in Colorado and the person helping me there was just as "help full" (He was quick to get off the phone and didn't answer my question he just gave me the quick easy "it's just personal preference buy a few different ones and see what you like." I don't have enough money too! That's why i'm asking you!) I then called a different Cabelas and talked to someone as nice as ever that listened and gave me good answers (Not the ones that I was hoping for and recommendations.
                          Seth

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Rip -rbg
                            by 99explorer
                            I just learned of a CIA report that Vladimir Putin himself is directing the Russian interference in our 2020 Presidential election, which was crowded...
                            Today, 09:09 PM
                          • Rip -rbg
                            by fitch270
                            2020 adding to it's bag of tricks....
                            09-18-2020, 09:26 PM
                          • Reply to Bows
                            by PigHunter
                            I hear ya! I finally got around to adjusting the new sight on my 90's vintage PSE. It's been restrung too. I've used a crossbow for the last 7 seasons...
                            Today, 08:45 PM
                          • Bows
                            by Danbo
                            Started practicing with my bow.
                            The deer don't stand a chance 😎
                            Today, 08:23 PM
                          • Reply to Rip -rbg
                            by Pmacc60
                            The public can focus on two different things at once ! Again liberal nonsense , put it out there and we can see what the president is planning for the...
                            Today, 08:43 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X