Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Attention trail camera users; the Field and Stream 2013 Fall Trail Camera is on till December 15th. Steve182 posted a couple buc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attention trail camera users; the Field and Stream 2013 Fall Trail Camera is on till December 15th. Steve182 posted a couple buc

Attention trail camera users; the Field and Stream 2013 Fall Trail Camera is on till December 15th. Steve182 posted a couple buck photos and I posted a few bear photos. My first comment has the contest link. Good Luck to everybody. My question is what do you think of trail cameras? The good, bad or you just don‘t care for one?

Click on the link below and the F&S trail cam contest will come up with photos already submitted. Good Luck!

www.fieldandstream.com/contest_entries/1001498106

Comment

I like them. I think they are fun, and add a little to the hunting season. This is the first year I've used one and it has really made me aware of how much time the blacktail deer spend out at night. One thing I have to question is the extensive use of bait to bring game to the game camera sites? Apples, pears and bagels? I would think that just simply finding and setting up along migration routes and core areas would be just enough? What do you think?

Comment

I have a couple and enjoy viewing the photos.

Comment

In my posted question above I left out the word Contest in the first sentence.
          The F&S trail cam contest runs till December 15th.
          Sorry about that.

Comment

I enjoy using the cams and seeing the bucks in a certain area, but I do admit to souring a few decent spots with too much intrusion, checking the cam too frequently or with the wrong wind, etc. Some of my most exciting bowhunts this year were spots w/out cams, where good old imagination and anticipation of what might step out kept me very interested. Just like the good ol' days.

Comment

I enjoy using the cams and seeing the bucks in a certain area, but I do admit to souring a few decent spots with too much intrusion, checking the cam too frequently or with the wrong wind, etc. Some of my most exciting bowhunts this year were spots w/out cams, where good old imagination and anticipation of what might step out kept me very interested. Just like the good ol' days.

Comment

I have two that I use primarily for bear hunting. It really helps you understand how the bears are using a bait, how big they are, etc.
                We got one photo of a wolf treeing a bear at the bait this year which was pretty neat.
                I do put them out on our food plot after deer season and it is kinda cool to see the deer and other wildlife. I do agree with steve182 and others that the temptation to see the pics makes people go to the spots too often. You have to really think about that when you set up and be patient.

Comment

They have truly changed the way I hunt and helped me become more successful in the limited days I have to hunt each year...but they are also prone to theft.

Comment

Did I miss it or did they never post the winners of round 2?

Comment

When are they going to pick and post the winners for round 3? All they have right now are the top 25.

Comment

Jessica,
                        The link below is the top 25 photos selected by the Editors for "Fall 2013 for Round Three".
                        Just click on the link.
                        Good Luck

www.fieldandstream.com/photos/gallery/hunting/2014/01/trail-cam-contest-25-best-shots-round-iii

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad