Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Product review: Rocky "Core" waterproof insulated hunting boots. See first post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product review: Rocky "Core" waterproof insulated hunting boots. See first post.

Product review: Rocky "Core" waterproof insulated hunting boots. See first post.

Here's the product: www.rockyboots.com/rocky-core-waterproof-insulated-outdoor-boot/FQ0004755.html?gclid=CIr4qI2f57oCFUHhQgodNFIAhQ&ut m_medium=Shopping&utm_campaign=Inventory%2BMarketi ng&utm_source=Google

Bought a pair of these last week. Three days in the field and the boots have blown out in three different places! Also the grommets for laces are popping out. And to top it off, these are perhaps the most uncomfortable pair of lace-up boots I have ever put on my feet! Killed me coming out last night! Maybe only six miles of hiking all day long. If I'd had some serious hiking to do, would never have made it. These boots are JUNK!

Comment

Rocky has been slipping in quality for awhile now. The only thing Rocky I own now is thermals. Hopefully they will reimburse you for your purchase.

Comment

What is nice about this site is the ability to post spontaneous product reviews like this.
        Makers of shoddy goods don't get away with it for long when word-of-mouth commentary goes viral.

Comment

Rocky produces a really crappy boot; one of the worse made boots out there. As much as you hunt OHH, why don't you buy a good pair of boots from Lowa or Kenetrek?

Comment

I was going to say my Rocky boots were good until Jay made his remarks.

Comment

I bought a pair of rocky boots about 10 years ago, the clunkiest, hard to walk in boots I ever owned! I did not wear them log enough to find out how well made they were, just got rid of them.

Comment

Jay, the problem with me buying a really expensive boot is I can't seem to get them to last very long. I just wear boots out too fast to make it worth unloading a couple hundred bucks for something really fine. There are so few birds around this year that I'm really putting the footwear through the wringer. And my dogs. The two labs are on shifts but the pup is being worked steady. Pearl only gets to work half days a couple of times a week or her hip gets sore.

The store refunded my money and didn't blink. I had the receipt and box. Even left the freebie Rocky keychain in the box. The gal took one look at them and declared them to be crap. I then bought a pair of Columbia boots that were twenty bucks cheaper. Hunted with them this afternoon. What a difference! They are really comfortable ... and my feet were pretty tender from wearing those other junkers. Put them through the waterproof test in some tulies and they passed with flying colors. I'll give em a few more days before I pass judgment.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad