Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tip of the day: How to color and trim beard at the same time. See first post.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip of the day: How to color and trim beard at the same time. See first post.

Tip of the day: How to color and trim beard at the same time. See first post.

Fired up the fancy propane smoker tonight to do up another scrumptious batch of goose jerky. While it was cooking I decided to chip up some more apple wood from the dying crab tree in my back yard. When I finished I noticed that no smoke was coming from the smoker. Opened the bottom door and looked in. Sure enough the breeze had blown out the propane. I hit the electronic ignitor and next thing I knew I was sitting on my arse about seven feet from the smoker, my glasses were gone, my ears were ringing, and my face hurt like hell. And I smelled like burning flesh. Fortunately, it was not my flesh that got burned (well, not much anyway) but my beard, mustache, eyebrows, and eyelashes. And my receding hairline has almost disappeared ... because most of my hair in front has disappeared. Should have been wearing a cap. You can bet one will be stuck to my noggin for the next four weeks! On the upside, my sparkling gray/white beard now has honey-colored brown tips. I told my daughter that my red face makes me look like a drunk but the smell is reminiscent of a pot-smoking hippie. Guess I can't decide what kinda bum I'm gonna be. :-)

Comment

How was the jerky? A special piquant taste? Glad the results are something we can joke about. Oh, did it scatter the dogs?

Comment

I've had a similar experience. I'll bet you lost some nostril hair too.

Comment

Jerky turned out great. Fortunately my mouth was shut (for a change) during the explosion and taste buds are undamaged.

It didn't scatter the dogs. They were in the house. But when taking out the garbage tonight I noticed the pine needles in the driveway are now in the neighbor's back yard. Jessie said the dogs got pretty excited when they heard the big bang behind the house. Guess they figured I was hunting without them.

You're right, 99. I'm nursing a bad cold right now and am having an awful time with snot sliding unobstructed into the burnt bristles on my upper lip. Never thought I'd miss those hideous booger rakes.

Comment

I've done that with the gas grill, not to that extent, but my eyebrows and a little bit of my hair got cooked.

Comment

Note to self:
              Self,
              When igniting a gas burner that has been blown out, turn off gas and open appliance for at least l minute to dissipate accumulated gas before reigniting!

Comment

OH,
                I needed a good laugh...I got a flat tire on the way to work today. Heck of a way to get started.

Comment

Sounds like a story for the back page of “OUTDOOR LIFE” in the "This happened to me” section. According to the ad “WE PAY CASH”. or They pay cash.

Comment

Comment from the guy at the movie rental tonight: "Hmmm. Did someone put gasoline in your bong?" Smartass!

Comment

Wow. That's wild. Thankfully your okay. I want to try goose jerky with my next honker. I got upset reading the title so I had to check the thread. I'm only 28 so I have time till this comes up but dyeing your hair or whiskers doesn't seem to fit with this world or lifestyle hahahahaha. I'll rock my Greys if I still have hair that is.

Comment

I'm posting a goose jerky question, hopefully I can get you to post back and give me an answer

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Rest Easy
                          by FirstBubba
                          "... I took your advice and blocked the slimy nine and the red rodent, ..."

Welcome! It's pretty sad to rant and rave on a blog...
                          Today, 04:39 PM
                        • Rest Easy
                          by jhjimbo
                          Rest easy 2nd amendment, you are safe now - for the time being....
                          Yesterday, 08:55 PM
                        • Reply to Rest Easy
                          by 99explorer
                          Even if the Democrats take the White House and the Senate, it will still take 60 Senate votes to kill the filibuster, because of the filibuster!
                          Today, 03:02 PM
                        • Reply to Rest Easy
                          by jhjimbo
                          They know IF Trump wins and holds the Senate and picks up some down ticket it will mean the end of the Dem party for at least ten years if not more....
                          Today, 02:39 PM
                        • Reply to Rest Easy
                          by bowhunter75richard
                          I am most pleased with the Barrett confirmation, now we only need to see the fallout from the D’s. With the reelection of Trump, probably not too much...
                          Today, 01:18 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X