Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tip of the day: The worst and best places to carry cell phone.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tip of the day: The worst and best places to carry cell phone.

Tip of the day: The worst and best places to carry cell phone.

Worst place to carry cell phone: In the cargo pocket of pants. I fell up to my chest into a beaver trough yesterday while duck hunting and my cell in cargo pocket got wrecked. Cargo pocket is also an excellent location to bang into brush and logs as I'm crawling through heavy cover.

Best place to carry cell phone: I had my digital camera zipped into the inside breast pocket of my goose hunting coat. Got a little moisture on it but still works. Also, being up high the breast pocket is less likely than cargo pocket to serious impact if I fall over.

Comment

Oh, and mine is just an old-style flip phone. No apps or texting. Just 911 if I need it.

Comment

Yeah, I typically where bibs that have a large front pocket on my chest. Thats where my phone and permits go.

Comment

I carry my Cell in a Zip-lock bag while on my Air Boat...you just never know when you hit a gator or logs?????

Comment

On your hip at night, when you are bringing your boat off the river. That night was an exceptional fast current. In the water wrestling the boat on to the trailer, Boat shifts down stream, hits phone, phone goes in drink.

Comment

Breast pocket of a button up shirt while fishing in Minnesota. Phone was waterproof, one of those allegedly indestructible ones. Forgot where the phone was, bent over to grab the net, phone went into the drink, on a lake with 25 foot visability and we were in the only 40 foot hole. When I carry mine hunting it is in a ziplock bag, shut off, in my pack.

Comment

Considering all those horror stories with water, the worst possible place would probably be tucked in your sock.

Comment

C'mon 99E, obviously your swim trunk pockets would be the worst.... But your socks would be a might uncomfortable.

Comment

Get a Casio Commando. They are indestructible. I carry mine everywhere, I don't have to worry about getting it wet because it is waterproof. This year I took pictures underwater of my kids jumping off the diving board. You can drop it from a reasonable height without shattering the screen. It is definitely the phone all outdoorsman need. Try any of that with an Iphone or any other smart phone, their screens will break if you look at them wrong.

Comment

The worst place would be inside your top pocket while installing a part inside a toilet tank. I got to start buying shirts with top pocket buttons.

Best place would be in a slip lock bag inside my hunting jacket side pocket with a zipper.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to How do you fly ?
                        by PigHunter
                        Like most everyone else, I buy a scope to feel a need. Only a few times have I taken advantage of a sale.

The Leupold VX3i on my .308 is...
                        Today, 06:44 PM
                      • How do you fly ?
                        by jhjimbo
                        Do you buy a scope when it is on deep discount, then look for the perfect rifle to put it on ? Or, you have the rifle and it needs glass, justkeep looking...
                        Today, 04:18 PM
                      • Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
                        by PigHunter
                        Bubba, I've been curious too. This is our first and so far I like it during dry fire. We're going to see how it is at the range in a few days....
                        Today, 06:35 PM
                      • Handgun Laser Sights
                        by PigHunter
                        On 7/19, Milldawg mentioned he'd ordered a laser sight for his wife's Ruger LCP 380 and they were on sale at MidwayUSA. Well, that inspired me to order...
                        08-03-2020, 11:20 AM
                      • Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
                        by PigHunter
                        Good question. The old style Ruger LC9 has a very long trigger pull that's similar to that of a double action only revolver. I think it would be unlikely...
                        Today, 06:32 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X