Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One gentleman from Maryland on this website had his tree stand and trail camera stolen a few days ago. Another gentleman from Te

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One gentleman from Maryland on this website had his tree stand and trail camera stolen a few days ago. Another gentleman from Te

One gentleman from Maryland on this website had his tree stand and trail camera stolen a few days ago. Another gentleman from Texas on this website said the Bible says to forgive and forget. My question is what would you do if you walked up and caught a thief in the woods stealing you tree stand or your trail camera?

Call 911, record the encounter on yo cell phone, find a way to forgive him when he's in jail.

Comment

I would try to find his vehicle and take a picture of it and the license. Next, call the Sheriff. If I really wanted to be sure he was still there when the Sheriff got there I would loosen the valve stem in one of his tires.

Comment

That might be cause for a pummeling. Of course the smart thing to do is follow the advice above. But a perfectly justifiable pummeling can be very satisfying.

Comment

Call his sorry but in and keep him there. If he runs, run after him. No one steals my stuff and gets away with it without me trying to get my stuff back!

Comment

I think there are a few people on this website that would pounce on the thief and after they got done smashing the scum bag he would be missing a few teeth.

I would make a citizen’s arrest. I always carry a few electrical ties in my backpack for dragging or carting game out of the woods. If the thief resisted then I could get real physical. After the thief was apprehended I would call the State Troopers on my cell phone. I would then sign legal complaints and prosecute the dirt bag. The Honorable Judge and the Conservation Officer would hit the thief with large fines and penalties. The legal convictions would go on the thief’s record and a second stealing offense could lead to jail time.

The Bible states love thy neighbor and forgive those who trespass against you. I grew up in Catholic school and you can always go to Confession to confess your sins afterwards and come out of the confessional with a clean slate.

Comment

The Bible also states the Ten Commandments that were written by God.

The seventh commandment states “Thou shall not steal”.

The tenth commandment states “Thou shall not covet my neighbor’s goods”.

Comment

Something similar happened to me. I caught a trespasser hunting on me. He even shot at a deer. I recorded enough evidence to prove my case and called the local DNR. He recieved a little more than a slap on the wrist. Made me fell like a good old fashion butt kicking would have done more good.

Comment

I believe the scum bag in question would have an "accident" or two while trying to "get away". Then the authorits would be called.

Comment

I think a stealthy stalk up to the perp with gun in hand and a "Looking for something?" would send the message and the perp running for the closest restroom to scrape the feces from his/her britches! Calling the police in my area is basically worthless, all they will do is file a report and the person would get a slap on the wrist assuming the police officer showed up for the hearing which would probably not happen.

Comment

[Blank]

Comment

[Blank]

Comment

I would beat some sense into the guy, using the tree stand he was trying to steal. I would then call the police and let them take him away...

Comment

Dallas, I am not angry at you and I can't understand why you would even say that.

I called you a “Gentleman from Texas” in my question listed above.
                            I can’t get more sugar coated or nicer then that.

I just don’t agree with your earlier comment to Jack after his trail camera and tree stand were stolen.

I just wanted opinions from others users on this website.
                            I will quote your own words;

I am sorry to hear that Jack and all I can say is forgive the man, don't and you will not be forgiven. And love the man also and do not remain angry, for it is said not to let the sun go down on your anger. And if you get a chance to meet the man try to tell him about the Gospel. Jesus asked for the men who nailed him to the cross to not have that sin held against them, and Steven asked the same for those who killed himm, I think we can all get over a blind and a camera.

Comment

By the way Dallas, a couple days ago you told Jack to forgive man, love the man, tell the man about the Gospel and get over the blind and camera. You never mention any type of legal action.

Today, your comment above states you would probably get the plate number and call the police.

Make up your mind Dallas, forgive and love the thief or call the police?

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad