Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well, my range finder just crapped out on me today, three weeks before season opens. Looking for a new one, any reviews? I am pa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, my range finder just crapped out on me today, three weeks before season opens. Looking for a new one, any reviews? I am pa

Well, my range finder just crapped out on me today, three weeks before season opens. Looking for a new one, any reviews? I am partial to Leupold, especially since I can get them steeply discounted through their FED/MIL program. I was looking at either the RX-800i TBR or the Full Draw. Any thoughts?

My Nikon 600 has always served me well, from Texas heat to -5°.

Comment

I have the leupold 1000 tbr. It works great, accurate, easy menu, rugged and the battery lasts forever. I change the battery out a bunch more than it needs to be according the the display.
      I compared the leupold against the competition and I just preferred it over the bushnell and nikon. As a matter of fact I had a 1 yr old nikon that I gave to a buddy after purchasing this one. He then bought the vortex a few months later, he is buying a leupold 1000 this week.

Comment

I've had my L rx-100 TBR for a year now and I love haven't had any problems, also found it to be the best glass, including from leupolds cheaper options. I pretty much bought a rangefinder and went back and kept exchanging them till I found that that one had the best low light performance. one note though although you cant see the black cross hairs from a non-light up display when it's dark which makes is almost useless unless you then look into the bright sky to see your number.. if your being ranged you can see the display as that color dot from the other side (red dot if the display is red, etc.). if you do get a light up display range a deers rump (when broadside)not the chest it's enough difference they wont see the dot and spook.

Comment

Leica seems to garner the most attention for high end range finders. I have heard very good things about the Leupold TBR with DNA.

Comment

I can't tell you about those two models but I can speak very highly about Leupold. I had a hunting "accident" that turned my rangefinder into junk. Leupold sent me a brand new RxIII no questions asked. It will be hard for me to ever buy anything but Leupold from now on.

Comment

I've tried Leica, Nikon and Leupold. Try the Leica. Easy to read in any conditions, and faster than anyone else. Definitely the best glass. Leica uses top glass even on the rangefinders.

Comment

A Leupold RXII cost me a shot at a big 6X5 bull elk when the thing wouldn't work at any distance. Later found the bull was about 300 yd across a draw-an easy shot given no wind, a good rest and a 338-06 rifle. I wouldn't shoot not knowing the distance. Leupold did send me a new rangefinder. Now I just need the bull to come back. I sold the RXII and got a top of theline Bushnell and it works great. Leica probably is the very best but they cost dearly.

Comment

My old one was a RX-II. I think im going to go with the RX-800i. Cant afford no Leica.

Comment

How much did missing an opportunity on that bull cost you? I can't afford a Leica either, but just usually find that cheap gear gets you what you paid for. I have never found anything by Bushnell to be the best out there. I have had good luck with Nikon rangefineders so far.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad