Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ok, so I've been looking at some new bows this month to buy. A few have stuck out but one inpaticular. Its a Hoyt X-Tec, its use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ok, so I've been looking at some new bows this month to buy. A few have stuck out but one inpaticular. Its a Hoyt X-Tec, its use

Ok, so I've been looking at some new bows this month to buy. A few have stuck out but one inpaticular. Its a Hoyt X-Tec, its used and purchased last year and only used last season... 29" draw but adjustable, 70#-80#, Its a regular tru glo 3 pin sight [which I have a good sight for it] Comes with the cheap little Hoyt stock prong style sight, carbon arrows, and 5 piece quiver, all for $385... Good deal? Let me know what you think please!

I'd say a pretty good deal, but question is, is how does it "feel" to you? As far as fit, draw length,etc.

Comment

That would be one hell of a deal if that comes like a package like stated. I mean, usually Hoyt bows along cost that much but a package deal like that with that price is real nice. Make sure the bow fits you though....

Comment

Yea I have yet to shoot it, But I've shot alot of other bows and people at the shops suggests hoyts to me... for whatever reason who knows. But yea its a package deal, and I messed up on describing it. It comes with the cheap hoyt stock prong style rest, not sight. But yea its all a package and I think its so cheap because Its like an older bow. If you go to hoyts website they no longer sell it. I think its a few years old. But when talking to the guy on the phone, you can tell he doesn't know much about bows. He just had alot of money I suppose.

Comment

bowhunter. Grab the bow tightly by the handle and hit the riser sharply with your fist. Listen for any vibration or loose items. Fix and repeat until the bow is silent. Pay attention to the limb pockets. They do go bad and you can hear it when you hit the bow. Carefully check the bearings in the cams. They also go bad. If they are original and have never been removed then that's good. Check the limbs for cracks then check all the tapped holes to be sure they are still threaded properly. If the string is worn that can easily be replaced. I'm not sure what the bow sells new but you can figure 20% depreciation a year for a bow.

Comment

sounds like a good deal , but make sure you shoot it before you purchase it. Make sure you can comfortably draw it back because that's a stout bow. If it fits, buy it.

Comment

Like the rest of the guys said, it is a very good deal. But make sure it feels good to shoot and fits you perfectly. Also check the condition to make sur it is in good enough shape for the price.

Comment

Yea I'm starting to get paranoid and think its not going to shoot well because I haven't shot it yet and it sounds too good to be true. But I'm hoping it shoots well. Buckhunter, now what were you saying about the riser, about listening to loose items? Like the sights and cams as in loose, or what? I beleive its the cam and 1/2 system on this bow but from what the guy says its good shape, I wont find out untill late this month. Ill let you guys know. thanks for everything.

Comment

not a fan of hoyt but 385 is cheap sounds like a good deal

Comment

It's a great deal!

Comment

It's a great deal!

Comment

It's a great deal!

Comment

It's a great deal!

Comment

It's a great deal!

Comment

It's a great deal!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad