Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just bought a Ruger GP100 with a 6" barrel. I'm looking for a holster for field carry. I'm having having a tough time finding on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just bought a Ruger GP100 with a 6" barrel. I'm looking for a holster for field carry. I'm having having a tough time finding on

Just bought a Ruger GP100 with a 6" barrel. I'm looking for a holster for field carry. I'm having having a tough time finding one I like. I would like to hear some opinions.

Check out www.sportsmansguide.com they have a large selection.

Comment

You may want to consider Bianchi Holsters, Don Hume Leather Goods and S.D. Meyers. There are others, of course, but these are worth looking into.

Comment

Uncle Mike's usually has a good selection of holsters as well. Son and I have a couple of them.

Comment

I used to have a GP100 and got a leather holster from Sportsmans Guide. It was cheap but the quality was pretty good.

Comment

That's a beefy pistol that you may quickly tire of carrying in the field, so consider a chest holster. You can find inexpensive models at most gun shops. If you want high-quality leather, check out Double Diamond D Custom Leather's "Guides Choice" holster. There is none better or more practical.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. It's going to be for short range deer hunting. So carry time won't be too long. Just to and from my stands. I just know holsters can be hard on the finish of the gun so I want a good quality holster.

Comment

You might consider this product: Galco Draw-EZ Holster Treatment

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad