Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I recently received what I believed to be a tent. It is by field and stream but I am now very confused by what it is. It has 7 p

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I recently received what I believed to be a tent. It is by field and stream but I am now very confused by what it is. It has 7 p

I recently received what I believed to be a tent. It is by field and stream but I am now very confused by what it is. It has 7 poles. Two are about 15 feet long with 13 segment and very thick, two are about 12 feet long with 10 segments and medium thickness, two are about 8 feet long with 7 segments and less thickness, and one is about 9 feet long with 8 segments and less thickness. It has 3 flaps that appear to be room separators with hooks at all four corners and has 15 stakes. It does not appear to have a bottom and has no zippers but has two large triangular plastic windows. It is colored grey with blue and yellow trim. If anyone can tell me what it is, I would be ever so appreciative.

Sounds like you got the room separators and the tent fly (the key there is no floor and no zipper door) but the tent is missing. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news. That collection of poles doesn't make much sense either. Likely a collection of odds and ends.

Comment

The part that throws me off about that is that there are a few spots that are obviously for tent poles. Wish I could post a pic.

Comment

I am getting really tired with trying to post a reply....the inane comment keeps coming up saying 'may not use obscene words"...what is bscene ?..and? or tent pole...or what!!

Comment

I'll send a couple of paragraphs at a time until I fnd the 'obscene" word

I am flying blind as my experience is with 'real' tents rather than the igloo types.

What do you mean by 'received"...bought as complete?...found? was given" bought at a jumble sale?...I am asking to draw your attention to resources you might already have. A search of the internet under "field and stream tents" find maybe 10 different ones.

Segments?...do you mean the poles are created by fitting various smaller sections together? Are you sure that you have not made individual poles too long. Are they timber or fibreglass or alloy?

to be continued

Comment

When you say 'thick' and 'thin' that doesn't give much into the imagination ..measuring diameters, making photos abvailable might assist.

It is important to know whether the poles are flexible. If they are the tent might be one of the more modern igloo style tents with curved roofing. It's a mystery unless someone else owns one and recognises the parts description.I am not sure why Onatario thinks you have a fly

to be continued

Comment

Well, apparently the computer found an obscene word and wiped my next paragraph....beats me!! I'll have to forgo that paragraph as it has now vaporised along with some martian obscenity,or perhaps giving a well advertise sportig goods store name and an internet syte with the field and stream (this one brown)10 man tent I wanted you to see is unacceptable to field and stream. Seems counterproductive if so....I'll just try to complete what I wrote now

If it is a 'field and stream' branded tent (could be made for them by any of several companies).why not call them or go to (name of sporting goods store apparently censored by overenthusiastic receiver...so I have referred to it now as "Richards" instead of the shorter name!! Richards Sporting goods if they are near to you with the parts you have.

Re photos....you could send to personal email address eg mine is [email protected] Cheers Tony

Comment

please forgive the spelling mistakes...my keyboard is both tired an annoyed at repeating itself when tryong to post an answer through someone's word filter. I have to presume that giving the internet address of the place for you was considered obscene....probably saved you smacking my face or becoming traumatised. Hopefully looking under 'field and stream 10 man tent' (women don't get mentioned perhaps that's also anobscxxxity) might help you.

The puzzle is,,,how did you end up with a pile of bits?...You can allways advertise them for sale individually as spare parts or some other brilliant purpose.Cheers

Comment

Sounds to me like Ontario is right. I think it is a tent fly and room separators without the tent itself. I've never seen a full tent without a zipper somewhere.

Comment

Or perhaps it is a cooking shelter?

Comment

Wow, I got cut again for 'obscene' words. Gonna try again.
                      If you post a link, you have to eliminate everything to the left of . If not it will not be accepted. The begining of the link.
                      Copy your message before sending, then if rejected you can 'paste' and edit it to try again. Saves a lot of typing on long answers. I just got cut for obscene, don't know what it was but i eliminated your name to see if that was it. I am going to copy this now, just in case I get cut again.

Comment

It was the www's in the last answer. Take off everything to the left of them in a link.

Comment

I suppose this thing could be a rain fly but if it is, it's big enough to completely cover at least a 10 man tent. The thing is huuuuge. Don't rain flys generally just cover the top of a tent, where the mesh is for ventilation? Sorry. I only have experience with smaller some tents. Never assembled or even seen any other kind in person.

Comment

breyan i need this parts if interested in selling contact me 315 681 7726

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad