Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If shoot arrows with a diameter of .298 should I use field points with a diameter of 20/64 (.3125) or 19/64 (.2969)? Does it rea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If shoot arrows with a diameter of .298 should I use field points with a diameter of 20/64 (.3125) or 19/64 (.2969)? Does it rea

If shoot arrows with a diameter of .298 should I use field points with a diameter of 20/64 (.3125) or 19/64 (.2969)? Does it real make that big of a difference? Thanks

I think as long as you shoot a field tip with the same weight (ex. 100 grains) as your broadhead, it should have the same results.

Comment

what kind of arrow are you using? if you are using arrows with an insert then go with the 5/16 (more common name for 20/64 field points) because the insert is usually slightly thicker then the shaft . if you are using arrows with hidden inset like easton axis or fmj then go with the 19/64 because the point will be slightly smaller the the shaft. it is all about how they will pull out of a target. you want the field point and where it meets the arrow to be the same diameter. With field points that are bigger then the shafts you can pull out target material, it will be tougher to pull out and you may even loose the field point in the target. Smaller is not necessarily bad but they look weird in my opinion so i always try to make sure the points are the same diameter as the arrow. Also what wallofam said to make sure you are using field points with the same weight as your broadheads.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad