Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You know people have been specualting as to who the next gear tester will be. They have been throwing out people that have a lot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You know people have been specualting as to who the next gear tester will be. They have been throwing out people that have a lot

You know people have been specualting as to who the next gear tester will be. They have been throwing out people that have a lot of points and provide good answers. But there is one person whom I think needs to be mentioned even with their lack of points. "T.W. Davidson" has had amazing answers and knows just as much about guns as anybody on the website. I just though I'd throw that out there.

You really want me to comment on this, LOL!

I changed my mind;

There looking for “Psuedosportsmen”!

Comment

I'd have to give you a 'two thumbs up' on that.

Comment

Yeah he's the dude.

Comment

Clay,

Do I detect a note of jealousy? I don't think of myself as a pseudosportsman and I've been a gear tester. In this arena every dog will have their day... eventually...

Comment

Beekeeper
            I’m not jealous at all, if you were the President of the Sportsmen Council for the BX and PX for Eielson AFB and Fort Wainwright you would now the kind of crap vendors will try to push.
            9mm for grizzly bear protection and 223 Mini 14 for Moose?

GET REAL!

This is what I’m talking about and to mention the May 14, 2009, Gear Review: Gregory z35 Daypack (DAYPACK FOR WIMPS!)

Now the Gun Nut, May 18, 2009, A Man's Grill is really cool and I'll be more than glad to test it Labor Day Weekend at the Park!

I want to see real gear that’s innovated for the serious Sportsmen not some G’Wizz fancy looking do nothing somethingarather!

How many times you looked over watching someone wrestling with their new tent at O’Dark 30 sleeting and cold as hell !

Comment

Beekeeper

Picture yourself going on a Alaskan fly in hunt with gear the Manufacturer and vendor says would be the best choice and have to fail right out of the box as you watch the plane go over the far horizon! That’s what happened to my hunting buddy and thanks god my equipment not only met the requirements but exceeded it!

When I want it to work, dag’burnet it better work!

Comment

Clay,

You seem bitter for some reason. We are all friends here in cyberspace aren't we?

In the case of my tests the editors chose the equipment and asked 4 different vendors to provide an article at a particular price point.

My wife is in the hunting/fishing/outdoor industry and I have seen what you describe first hand at buyers shows. You are correct, some salesmen make promises their gear can't live up to. One learns to detect and avoid such individuals much the same way one avoids a manure pile, by sense of smell!

The wise outdoorsman reads the review articles, shops carefully and tests the gear before having to set it up in a gale. That way substandard gear can be dealt with before things become critical.

As for my test, I ran the articles through the wringer then gave my honest opinion of their worth. I'm interested to see what the 3 other testers said.

Comment

Someday I hope to be sent some sort of gear to Break/Test. Seems every piece of gear I buy lately has some kind of optimistic warranty. If I only had the time and postage to call for RA#'s and send half this crap back. Just bought a tent, 10 year warranty, I am thinking maybe if you only camp once per summer like the average person, but I bet it don't last me the summer (and yes I do take care of my gear, I am to poor not to, it just wears out when your in the woods 150 nights a year).

Comment

I agreed with idahooutdoors answer!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad