Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am an absolute sucker for multiple use tools...anybody else have this obsession?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am an absolute sucker for multiple use tools...anybody else have this obsession?

I am an absolute sucker for multiple use tools...anybody else have this obsession?

Here are a couple on the OL website I have found myself wanting to purchase recently: zippooutdoor.com/4-in-1-woodsman/ and zootilitytools.com/

But one of my favorites is the worksharp field sharpener: www.worksharptools.com/manual-sharpeners/guided-field-sharpener-221/flypage.pbv.tabs.tpl.html

Am I nuts?

Comment

I don't own one and never have. And no one has ever given me one for Christmas, birthday, father's day. Amazing! I would probably just lose it anyway.

Comment

I had one of the first Leatherman out and 10Years later I was given a Gerber Multy Plier 600 and in one week it went missing..never to be found..I still have the old Leatherman,Who knows with Fathers Day coming up on Sunday 16Th???

Comment

Thanks for the reminder, Treestand. That would be a nice gift from my brand new grandson who is living at home here with me. So far I haven't had to change any crappy diapers in the middle of the night. Tried it once and wound up throwing the "nappy" in the dog's dish instead of the garbage. Dang old timer's disease. Usually at it's worst after hours. Anyway, the dogs didn't complain but my daughter has since decided to assign me other duties (starting with cleaning up the mess they made of that diaper).

Okay, how does one be discreet about asking for something for Father's Day without actually asking for it? Hmmmm. There's gotta be some rule of etiquette on this. Where is Emily Post when you need her? (Answer: Spread out very thin on the sidewalk below a thirteen story window.)

Comment

Hey Honker...I sent a E-Mail to my Sons That said in Very large print FATHERS DAY JUNE 16Th COMING OVER FOR
            GATOR AND HOG BB-Q......Honker that works every time!
            in your case draw a LARGE circle on the 16Th of your Calender???

Comment

I got the first Leatherman through my job. I have one but not limited to my car, my tackle box, my kitchen draw, my son's Hockey and Lacrosse Bags and my tool box. No lie very high-end steel tool particularly the blade. Mr Leatherman came up with a good idea. The Swiss Army Knifeon steroids.

Comment

yes, I too am addicted to the multi-tool, I never liked a one trick pony! Got my first Gerber a year before my daughter was born and now she is practicing law. I have one in each vehicle, in the emergency packs in each vehicle, in my tackle box, my gun bag, and a few others scattered around the house.

Comment

Pocket knife: pry bar, screw driver, boot scraper, frog stabber, fish cleaner, can opener, toenail trimmer, finger nail cleaner, leather hole punch, fruit peeler, probably missed something but I can't even throw this old knife away let alone lose it!

Comment

I carry a Equinox swiss knife everywhere. Forgot my hunting knife one time and dressed a deer with one. Four fold out and a pick and tweezer. Never leave home without it.

Comment

Make that Victornox

Comment

Never had much use for "multi-purpose" tools, even though Crescent wrenches and Channel-Loc's do fill niches! LOL!
                        When the kids were into high school rodeo, I bought some cheapies and threw them in the truck and trailer. Never has anything been more handy.
                        I went from there to a Gerber. I'm on my third one. Gerber replaced the one that fell apart. Upgrading to a heavier Gerber Diesel was my decision.
                        Hopefully, they'll throw one in my casket! LOL!

Comment

I like my Bucktool. If I only knew where I last left it.

Comment

They are indispensable tools for landscaping/irrigation so I carried some version every day for many years. I had a SOG that I miss. It is sitting on a rock beside the Gunnison River unless someone found it.
                            My current version is a Leatherman Wave which does a fine job. They have come a long way in making them comfortable and safe with the padded grips and locking tools.
                            I like to keep one in the car and one for the boat. They have saved a few outings that would have ended for lack of a knife/screwdriver/pliers etc.

Comment

My daily pocketknife is the Gerber Vise. It's two inches long folded and has pliers, knife, saw, Phillips head, and two flatheads, one of them small enough for the screws in eyeglasses. Very handy.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad