Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is a good baitcasting rod and reel for under a $100 ? I will be fishing for mostly large mouth bass some catfish and bluegi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a good baitcasting rod and reel for under a $100 ? I will be fishing for mostly large mouth bass some catfish and bluegi

What is a good baitcasting rod and reel for under a $100 ? I will be fishing for mostly large mouth bass some catfish and bluegill

Abu Garcia Black Max combo. I know alot of people who say they love it. It runs for about $60.

Comment

I personally like the angle bar levelwind on the US reels. US Reel offers an Invader reel that will fit in your price range when added to an Ugly Stick rod. In my opinion, the Ugly Stick will give you the most rod for the dollar. My second choice for currently manufactured baitcast reels is the new Lew's series by Lynn Reeves. I have tested most of the reels in the new Lew's line along with a few of the higher priced rods and they were very high quality and easy to use. As to the Abu reels, they have always been quality reels which usually set the standards for the industry. I have owned or still own almost one example of every Abu reel model since the early sixties, but they still come in well below the new Lew's reels on my personal list.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad