Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Review: Stansport 20 Gauge Shotshell Thermos bottle

Product Review: Stansport 20 Gauge Shotshell Thermos bottle

Just returned from a two day road trip to take my grandson to have minor treatment performed at another hospital. This past Christmas a family friend gave me one of these shotshell thermos bottles. Kinda nice but it looked a bit small. Well, turns out it is perfect! Fits just right in the beverage holder so it's easily accessible and out of the way, not rolling around under my feet, etc. The push button poor spout is wonderful. No lid to unscrew all the time. And, most importantly, it kept the coffee hot almost the entire day. A great Father's Day gift.

Here's a link to an image: h.ttp://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000ILAQAK/ref=as_li_tf_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=accuratescom-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399373&creati veASIN=B000ILAQAK

Comment

I love my Stanley thermos bottle. I have an old one and I even put camouflage tape around the outside of it so I can take it in the woods hunting.
      Today, you can buy a Stanley already with camo. Coffee stays hot most of the day depending on the temperature. You also get a life time warranty.
      You can also drop them their tough as nails.

Comment

Yeah, Gary, I also have an old Stanley that the neighbor gave me before he departed for heaven. It's an old timer. Has a real cork bark cork and glass bottle liner and yes it will keep coffee hot all day even if it's fairly cold out. But no fun for road trips because of its size. This shot shell model wouldn't be any good for tree stand hunting. Too bright. But I haven't seen another thermos yet that will fit in a car's beverage holder and that's what makes this one great for driving (that and the one finger push button spout). And, of course, it looks like a shotgun shell which is cool. Also forgot to mention that the extraction lip on the cup (brass part of the shell thermos) makes it almost untippable as opposed to the old Stanly cap/cups that were narrower at the base than rim. They were easy to knock over. This thermos doesn't hold a lot but I'll need to stop and stretch my legs by the time its empty anyway. Stanport also makes it in 12 gauge model which is quite a bit larger but it wouldn't work in beverage holder.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad